PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Claymagic Blue Bar

Pages : [1] 2

Corey Bit Spank
05-12-2007, 12:08 PM
:( Autozone doesn`t seem to be carrying it. Pep Boys doesn`t either (although I don`t know if they ever did, I always went to Autozone).

I think I may try some of the Autozones in the ghetto because they may have it left over on their shelves.

JasonD
05-12-2007, 12:12 PM
I was under the impression that all clay was the same. Why not try another brand that`s available?

I`ve got clay from Sonus, Wolfgang, AutoMagic, etc. and they all seem to do the same job, imo.

I just keep my eye out for sales and buy it then.

Corey Bit Spank
05-12-2007, 12:31 PM
I`ve tried that. It isn`t. Mother`s and Meguiar`s clay is pure and utter junk. I`m not sure why any company would put their name on that stuff. Meguiar`s doesn`t actually work well at all, and Mother`s crumbles apart.

I don`t want to have to order. Money is extremely tight right now. I just wanted to detail my car to relieve some of this stress. If not I`ll just forgo the clay. Or find something else to do....hahaha.

JasonD
05-12-2007, 12:56 PM
I fully understand. You may want to look up a local auto detail supplier or auto body/paint supplier. I`m sure they will have some.

Roger V
05-12-2007, 01:07 PM
Weird, I have never seen an Autozone that didn`t carry it. Have you tried Pep Boys?

Corey Bit Spank
05-12-2007, 01:30 PM
Yeah. They didn`t have it either.

Kenney
05-12-2007, 01:56 PM
The sonus grey clay is much more aggressive than the clay magic blue bar, but if you are planning to polish afterwards, than the sonus grey bar is fine.

johnle
05-12-2007, 02:22 PM
i have used two of mother`s clay bars on 5 cars and never had one problem.

it`s weird how i keep hearing issues but never had one myself. If yours did fall apart, call mother`s and they`ll send you a replacement.

JasonD
05-12-2007, 02:42 PM
While we are on the subject of clay falling apart, what were you using for lubricant? I`m asking because I`ve heard of clay bars falling apart when there is a reaction between the clay and the lube that is used.

phahn
05-12-2007, 02:46 PM
I had once bought the last of the ClayMagic claybar kit at the local Autozone, and the guy asked me if I needed more. He said he could get one transferred from another location in like 2 days, so you local autozone might be able to do that for you.

Hope this helps!

Pete

BigAl3
05-12-2007, 02:48 PM
i was always able to get it at autozone :confused: . i noticed the two main clay bars they carry as well are the mothers & megs clay kits. maybe they`re phasing the CM kits out... :hm

TrueDetailer
05-12-2007, 03:29 PM
I was under the impression that all clay was the same. Why not try another brand that`s available?

I`ve got clay from Sonus, Wolfgang, AutoMagic, etc. and they all seem to do the same job, imo.

I just keep my eye out for sales and buy it then.

Most clay is the same, i beleive there are 2 different kinds of clay, elastic and plastic clay. Automagic is elastic and mothers(yellow) is plastic. I think thats how it goes anyway.

Most the stuff sold online ist the elastic style, basically automagic clay magic, either re-dyed, and/or relabled. Just like the sonus clay is actually chemicalguys.com clay.

When you buy that high dollar botique stuff all your doing is making that company rich, just look for the best deal you can find. its usualy two different grades. Mild and aggresive.

Theres a guy on ebay selling clay dirt cheap, and its works just as good as any other clay you can buy. I know you can buy single bars, but he sells packs of 5 200 gram bars for like 40 bucks shipped. Just search clay.

npjohnson
05-12-2007, 04:28 PM
Just got mine from Autozone in the last week. Maybe do a search for another Autozone near you?

The other brands are also more expensive, the Meguiars one was like $5 more.

JasonD
05-12-2007, 05:13 PM
Most clay is the same, i beleive there are 2 different kinds of clay, elastic and plastic clay. Automagic is elastic and mothers(yellow) is plastic. I think thats how it goes anyway.

That`s exactly what I meant when I said that I thought they were all the same. IIRC, there are only two manufacturers of clay or something like that.

In either case, thanks for the Ebay tip. I`m going to have to find that guy. :cool:

the other pc
05-12-2007, 05:48 PM
I`ve tried that. It isn`t. Mother`s and Meguiar`s clay is pure and utter junk. I`m not sure why any company would put their name on that stuff. Meguiar`s doesn`t actually work well at all, and Mother`s crumbles apart....Interesting.

I use Meguiar`s clay all the time. It’s always worked extremely well for me.

I do wish they’d sell it just by itself without the towel and lube, or at least just with the lube like they used to.

PC.