PDA

View Full Version : Noob product question

paigecm
05-11-2007, 05:05 PM
First of all hello and great forum here. I have a question for you guru`s. First real detail on my own. Got a 7424 and everything ready to rock and roll. But I think I got a little confused on my purchase on sealants. I wanted to go claybar, polish, sealant, then carnuba a couple days later. Here is what I ended up with.

step 1 mothers claybar

step 2 mothers sealant/glaze maybe polish??? (might be my mistake?)

step 3 Meguires #20 sealant

step 4 Mothers carnuba

If I did mess up for a polish what can I get locally? Any help is appreciated. Again thanks for the great forum.

kleraudio
05-11-2007, 05:29 PM
not sure what product you are talking about on step 2?

But you can go get some Megs #9 locally or mothers power polish, duragloss makes a pretty good otc polish too.

Jim

tom p.
05-11-2007, 05:31 PM
step 2 mothers sealant/glaze maybe polish??? (might be my mistake?)

Dunno, sounds like one of those mutually exclusive deals. Are you certain that`s what the label says? I`m not familiar with their product line.

Generically: Clay>polish>seal>carnauba

BigJimZ28
05-11-2007, 05:33 PM
the mothers sealant/glaze (as well as #9)

will do more hiding of the swirls

then actually removing them

The mothers power polish is a nice product that works well

paigecm
05-11-2007, 06:32 PM
It supposedly is a 3 stage process (Mothers) that is. 1 is their cleaner 2 is their glaze/sealant and 3 is the carnuba wax.

Looks like I may need to go and find a polish only product to use instead of this. On the label it does say fills in and also says polish. I guess that is my mistake.

mblgjr
05-11-2007, 10:27 PM
The Mother`s and Meg`s "3 step kits" that are OTC are really meant to be used by hand.

1 is a cleaner; both work pretty well.

2 is a light polish/glaze combo; really more of a glaze. I`d highly suggest that you find a polish-only product. Meg`s professional line is probably easiest to acquire locally.

Or, if you can order online; your world opens up. Poorboy`s SSR 2.5/1 are great; as is the Pinnacle XMT line. I mention both of these because they are really easy to work with via PC and yield outstanding results on most applications. Of course, do your research here as there are MANY more viable options as well.