PDA

View Full Version : PC pads cleaning

Pages : [1] 2

princetonymc
05-11-2007, 03:11 PM
After applying polish with the pad, how do you clean it so it won`t be to hard for the next use or do most people throw it away and use a new pad.

joshtpa
05-11-2007, 03:14 PM
DO a quick search, there are tons of threads on this...I use Danase pad cleaner followed with a soak in dawn.

Mobilejay
05-11-2007, 03:26 PM
holy crap, throw it away? That would get HELLA expensive. I put mine in a bucket with a small amount of detergent and let them soak, then I rinse them in a sink.

bjackson8
05-11-2007, 03:27 PM
I wash them in the washing machine with warm water and laundry detergent. Have not had an instance where they did not come out prefectly clean.

I would not recommend hot water, this seems to contribute to velcro backing seperation.

kleraudio
05-11-2007, 03:33 PM
wow, jackson you wash then in the washing machine? no problems?

i have to try that!

do you air dry?

Jim

Changeling
05-11-2007, 03:34 PM
After applying polish with the pad, how do you clean it so it won`t be to hard for the next use or do most people throw it away and use a new pad.

Throw them in a bucket and use some Dawn, like you would be washing out your socks with about the same concentration of water vs Dawn. In fact, wash them just like you would do your dirty socks, rinse very well and let sun dry. No fuss no muss. This isn`t rocket science just use some common sense and you will do fine.

Changeling

mikebai1990
05-11-2007, 03:53 PM
I just dump it in my leftover car shampoo solution or use Woolite. I leave it there for about 30 minutes, then I go and try to squeeze out as much product as possible. Then I leave it for a day or so. Seems to do a fine job at getting everything out of the pads.

joshtpa
05-11-2007, 03:55 PM
You can also put it on your PC and let turn it on to get most of the water out.

imported_Ivan Rajic
05-11-2007, 03:59 PM
I soak them in warm/hot water and Snappy Clean powder or just car wash solution, for about 15-20 mins... then I take them out, wring them a little bit, spray with APC+, let them sit for a few mins, rinse out.. they come out great every time

DO NOT throw them away... many pads today can last years... I still have an old autogeek/wolfgang pad from 1.5 years ago... looks brand new

bjackson8
05-11-2007, 04:07 PM
wow, jackson you wash then in the washing machine? no problems?

i have to try that!

do you air dry?

Jim

Yes, just let them air dry.

Only problems that I have has is washing pads in hot water. I have several pads that I have wash probably 20 or 30 times (in warm water) and they are still holding up good.

kleraudio
05-11-2007, 04:37 PM
Im gonna try that next time i need to wash my pads. Thanks!

Jim

RTexasF
05-11-2007, 07:29 PM
I`ve put mine in the washing machine for years including cyclo pads. Haven`t had one go south yet and they come out pristine even after single stage black.

imported_95legend
05-11-2007, 07:42 PM
I use the Pinnacle XMT cleaner. I used it just now and it made my pad look as if I have never used it. It was worth it to me :p

2StepsAhead
05-11-2007, 09:44 PM
Depends what I used on the pads, but I have Dawn power disolver (which actually impressed me a little bit), Dawn ultra or a degreaser...I spray a little product on and work it in then rinse with hot water and repeat until everything breaks down.

tstead
05-12-2007, 08:27 AM
WHat do you do to clean the pads mid-panel with a PC? In other words, do you spur the pad, brush it out, or something else to extend the working time with the pad until you have to throw it in a bucket and grab a fresh pad?