PDA

View Full Version : Dusting during polishing

fastfred
05-11-2007, 10:01 AM
I am using Menzerna polishes I.P. and F.P. II, Great products by the way. I have preped my LC pad with the polish I am using and then spritz the with water as the Menzerna instructions noted. My main question is as you are working on the car what do you guys use to remove the dust on the next panel you are going too ? do you use air to blow off the dust or do you use a QD and a microfiber towel ? I just don/t want to add any new swirls as I am working on the car.

T. I. A.

Fred:xyxthumbs

Accumulator
05-11-2007, 11:05 AM
I sometimes blow it off with the compressor, but that just moves the dust elsewhere and eventually the shop can get kinda messy.

IMO it`s better to use a very plush MF with Meguiar`s #34. In fact, I keep my bottle of #34 handy whenever I polish, it`s great for softening polish residued before you buff them off too...you know, for those times when you maybe overworked the product a little or used too much. These two applications are my primary uses of #34, and I go through a lot of it.

fastfred
05-11-2007, 11:19 AM
I sometimes blow it off with the compressor, but that just moves the dust elsewhere and eventually the shop can get kinda messy.

IMO it`s better to use a very plush MF with Meguiar`s #34. In fact, I keep my bottle of #34 handy whenever I polish, it`s great for softening polish residued before you buff them off too...you know, for those times when you maybe overworked the product a little or used too much. These two applications are my primary uses of #34, and I go through a lot of it.

Thanks for your help,

whats # 34 ?

Thanks,

Fred

imported_Ivan Rajic
05-11-2007, 11:26 AM

+1... exactly what he said^^

imported_Ivan Rajic
05-11-2007, 11:27 AM
Thanks for your help,

whats # 34 ?

Thanks,

Fred

#34 is Meguiar`s QD safe for all kinds of paint to put it simply... it`s my favorite QD

you can get some at autodetailingsolutions.com