PDA

View Full Version : PC & Tight Spots...

PerroneFord
05-10-2007, 11:44 PM
Hello all I am brand new here (first post). I`ve enjoyed reading this forum today, and have picked up a wealth of info. Earlier in the week I borrowed my friends PC and a couple of pads to do some general cleanup on my car. It will be my first time using a machine to do my car. My question is this:

How do you use the machine in tight areas? My car (WRX) has a rear spoiler on the deck. How do you pros get into the areas underneath that that type of spoiler? I am guessing I`ll have to do it by hand which is ok, but it sure would be nice to have some electric help!

One other quick question. I will be using a 3-step OTC Meguiars process. Since I only have one orange pad and one red (for the wax) can I wash out the more abrasive polish prior to doing the pre-wax cleaner?

Thanks for your thoughts.

GetAudiHere
05-11-2007, 12:40 AM
Most likely by hand but usually 4" pads would do the trick.

PerroneFord
05-11-2007, 12:53 AM
Thanks for the response. Not sure if I can actually get the MACHINE under the spoiler for the 4" pad to work. Since it`s not my machine, I`ll just wait until next month.

kastanaras
05-11-2007, 03:27 AM
Yeah under spoilers can only be done by hand cos there is no clearance for a machine to fit under. Just try and do as much in as possible with the pad and the rest by hand.

tstead
05-11-2007, 05:07 AM
Perhaps the 7.5" LC pads will help out. You can use the top of the pad to get into that area better than with the other pads. Also, the edge pads (although I`ve never used them) will probably reach father under the spoiler than them all (I`d just make sure I taped the heck out of the edges of the spoiler).

2StepsAhead
05-11-2007, 06:02 AM
You might have to just remove the wing, its really not as hard as it sounds...one of the reasons I went wingless lol. Also I would look into something else besides meguiars 3 step, we tried it on my gf`s sti and the results washed out in the first car wash.