PDA

View Full Version : The non marring results of how I wash cars.

Pages : 1 [2]

Frito Bandito
05-12-2007, 09:52 AM
So if Hydro Shine has fillers how do you know there is no marring?

Looks nice regardless.

Accumulator
05-12-2007, 10:21 AM
... This is the first I`d heard of anyone claying so frequently.

I believe David F. clays more extensively than I do, but I do spot-clay at every wash.

David Fermani
05-12-2007, 11:23 AM
So if Hydro Shine has fillers how do you know there is no marring?

Looks nice regardless.

Good question. I`ve looked at the finish under almost every light imaginable and there`s not a trace of mico-marring. You`d figure after this long a period of time, something would surface? Even the continuous use of an LSP won`t hide that? I`m not about to marr up the finish with IA to see. Is there another way to disprove this outcome? Is a product like this with a high level of fillers a bad thing? What if this maintenence regiment could be continued for multiple years with nothing else added and still produce this level of results? It kinda goes against the Autopian principles in a way? :scared: :secret

NSXTASY
05-12-2007, 11:32 AM
Good question. I`ve looked at the finish under almost every light imaginable and there`s not a trace of mico-marring. You`d figure after this long a period of time, something would surface? Even the continuous use of an LSP won`t hide that? I`m not about to marr up the finish with IA to see. Is there another way to disprove this outcome? Is a product like this with a high level of fillers a bad thing? What if this maintenence regiment could be continued for multiple years with nothing else added and still produce this level of results? It`s kinda goes against the Autopian principles in a way? :scared: :secret

It looks good to me, in my experience fillers will only hide more minor marring. On a DD 24/7 outdoors, I wouldn`t personally strive for perfection, and the maintenance regimen that you have incorporated seems well thought out and most importantly, REASONABLE.

David you always seem to provide a FRESH approach to auto maintaining. Good work.

coupe
05-12-2007, 11:33 AM
I have to clay every month, i work next to heavily used train tracks. Ive gotten so efficient that i can do all 3 of my vehicles in under 2 hours easy.

Frito Bandito
05-12-2007, 11:48 AM
Hey sounds good to me. I give my parents trucks and my sisters car a quick wash & wax every once in a while and I use NXT solely because it hides some defects.

David Fermani
05-12-2007, 12:16 PM
Is there a way to test the validity of this product? Can waxing/polishing by machine/hand be totally eliminated/avoided all together if sufficient protection/shine can be maintained this easily?

gbackus
05-12-2007, 02:48 PM
David, please clear out your PM box :)

David Fermani
05-12-2007, 10:32 PM
PM`s all cleared.

David Fermani
09-11-2007, 10:12 PM
I thought I`d give a last & final update on this one. I`m turning it in for a brand new 08 Malibu (company car) tomorrow morning. :sadwavey: :bawling: I haven`t Hydroshined this car in over a month and the water still beads nicely (showing good protection). It has 56,000 miles and the paint looks as good (if not better) that it did when it was new. This vehicle has never been waxed, sealed or buffed, just Hydroshined & clayed periodically. The car hasn`t been washed in several weeks and I just sprayed some water on it to show the beading effect.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o157/dfermani/malibu031.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o157/dfermani/malibu032.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o157/dfermani/malibu029.jpg

Scottwax
09-11-2007, 11:54 PM
Is there a way to test the validity of this product? Can waxing/polishing by machine/hand be totally eliminated/avoided all together if sufficient protection/shine can be maintained this easily?

Continue the process a while longer than polish out a panel or two and see how they compare. Of course, you will have to do it on your new car.

Or, you can regularly polish and wax a couple of sections, then continue your regiment and see how the panels compare in a year.