PDA

View Full Version : Your personal detailing calendar

Johnnie27
05-10-2007, 03:58 PM
I was curious if anyone had a schedule that they go by.

Here`s what I have in mind.

January- Wash exterior, clean interior. 2-3 times

February-Wash exterior, clean interior. 2-3 times

March-Wash exterior, clean interior. 2-3 times

April - Exterior Detail-Clay, polish, wax, etc.. Interior shampoo and detail. Prep for summer heat.

May-Wash exterior, clean interior. 2-3 times

June-Wash exterior, clean interior. 2-3 times

July-Wash exterior, clean interior. 2-3 times

August-Exterior Detail-Wax. Interior shampoo and detail. More prep for summer and into winter.

September-Wash exterior, clean interior. 2-3 times

October-Wash exterior, clean interior. 2-3 times

November-Wash exterior, clean interior. 2-3 times

December-Exterior Detail- Polish, wax, etc.. Interior shampoo and detail. Clean winter grime and prep for more winter.

How many times a year do you guys actaully polish your vehicles? I assume you wouldn`t polish everytime you detailed your car. Just based on my research here you would only polish it when needed. I.e. swirls, imperfections of paint. If polish isn`t needed, do you just wax through out the year?

Please feel free to make your own calendar for others to reference.

Thanks,

J

Saumil
05-10-2007, 04:14 PM
i wax every 3-4 weeks and polish once/twice a year, problem is that i dont get to wash my car every week.

bjackson8
05-10-2007, 04:28 PM
As far as a schedule, I really don`t have one.

I will do a "spring cleanup" every year after all of the winter weather is over. This will include a clay, paint cleaner, polish and LSP. I will spot polish and clay as needed during the year, but this is generally pretty infrequent. The cars usually get a new coat of LSP about every 3 weeks, for no other reason than my OCD.

Regular washing is generally weekly, more or less, when time will allow.

Interior gets cleaned good about once a month, including treating the leather. Will vac more often if needed (wifes car gets done almost weekly because she hauls around the messy kids).

Engines get done about 4 times a year. This is generally just a ONR cleaning with a brush and towels. Armor All on the plastic.

Grimm
05-10-2007, 08:27 PM
My schedule is to get out there whenever I can, which is mostly later at night, or when the kids are napping ;)

SVR
05-11-2007, 03:06 AM
My garage king gets polished once every year & a half or two years

Since it`s a 98 model car and has been machine polished with four steps twice and finessed with non abrasive paint enhancers by hand a few times, I won`t be machining it again and have cut my hand polishing down because of it

usually it goes out once a month or a couple times a week and It doesn`t go out when it`s raining anymore so I wash it very gently with foam gun, microfibre blot wash (two buckets) and sheet off spray and then a flooding rinse probably once a month or two.

However I apply two coats of aquawax after every wash and apply more fireglaze DS probably every three months