PDA

View Full Version : Sealant on Rims??

Pages : [1] 2

imported_midwesterner
05-10-2007, 12:44 PM
Has anyone used JW-T or Z-CS on their rims? I think it would provide a nice protection and make cleaning brake dust a lot easier....

I have JW-T so I am looking for specific experiences with this product? What other parts of the car have you used a sealant on?

shadybreal
05-10-2007, 12:48 PM
I use DG 105 x 2 and refresh w/ AW.

joshtpa
05-10-2007, 12:51 PM
I have used Z-CS on my rims, because I had it and could not find another use for it since I did not care to apply it to my paint. But I have been using ZAIO on my wheels on both cars for a while now and it looks very good.

imported_GregCavi
05-10-2007, 01:20 PM
Z-CS is great on rims. I like it because you do not have to wipe them down after you apply! If I really want to get crazy, I will do ZAIO, Z2pro, then Z-CS.

Greg

BanditSRT
05-10-2007, 01:44 PM
Haven`t used either of those but I`ve got ZFX`ed Z2 on all of my rims. Most brake dust slides right off.

3puttjay
05-10-2007, 01:46 PM
I have used Collinite 845 IW on my wheels. It lasts only about 3 months before you have to refresh in my experience.

DM101
05-10-2007, 01:50 PM
I use Klasse AIO x 2 wait 24 hours then Opti-Seal .... . Then as a touch up to make the chrome shine FK425, Or Quickshine.

imported_hooked
05-10-2007, 03:10 PM
I used JW AJT on my rims and it really made the flakes pop. It seems to make cleaning easier. Can`t really say for sure because I haven`t maintained the rims without it so no basis for comparison.

SVR
05-11-2007, 03:14 AM
Yes JW T along with others including AW

Fortunately I don`t get any dust from my brakes but some from other people`s cars next to me when braking for the lights.

I`ll probably wash mine and top the driven PTP sealant with some Fireglaze and AW tonight or tomorrow

RallyMSP
05-11-2007, 03:19 AM
Last time I did my wheels, I did the polished lip and the clearcoated volk rims with prime:strong and AJ. Turned out nice.

Sebony
05-11-2007, 03:49 AM
K AIO, and then K SG.... Thinking about topping them with Z-CS...

Roberts210
06-18-2007, 10:54 PM
so let me get this right...JW AJT is best stuff to seal chrome rimes....and protects the rimes from allowing any build up... because im looking for something to to seal chrome rimes and alloyd wheels for my detailing

Djmigs
06-19-2007, 01:28 AM
since everyone is given an opinion other then what the op ask for i will too...

if your rims need no cleaning and are ready to be sealed up i would say Ultima Line...

dogma
06-19-2007, 01:39 AM
I have used Z-CS on my rims, because I had it and could not find another use for it since I did not care to apply it to my paint. But I have been using ZAIO on my wheels on both cars for a while now and it looks very good.

I am just the opposite. I use OS on my rims for that same reason.

mborner
06-19-2007, 08:27 AM
Ok, so what am I doing wrong? My painted wheels get very black from brake dust and during the pre-rinse a lot of the dust will rinse away but in no way leave the wheel clean. Ever since I applied CS to them no brake dust will rinse off. ALL of the brake dust sticks to the wheel. It cleans off easily with soap and a wheel brush but the reason I CS`ed them was because I heard that it makes brake dust slide right off with just a rinse of water. I also notice the same thing on the paint. Some dirt used to rinse off before CS, but now, absolutely no dirt rinses off during pre-rinse. I`ve never had these issues with Z-2 or Z-8.

My method:

ZAIO

Z-6 wipedown

Z-2 pro

Z-6 wipedown

Z-CS

After 24 hours Z-8 wipedown.