PDA

View Full Version : Os & Z8

Mobilejay
05-09-2007, 11:11 PM
Today I washed and waxed the 57 belaire( if you saw the post a few weeks ago I did a 57 and 65 cobra, aston etc.) When I did it before I applied BF gloss enhancing polish ( i think) and today I washed it and applied OS. Well it was my first time using it and I believe I put too much on a few panels like the trunk and hood. It took a while for me to get used to it and to tell you the truth I still don`t think I`m used to it. Anyway, after I did that I washed and waxed the DB7 and came back(30-40 min) to inspect the 57 and noticed most of the OS cured and was fine but trunk and hood had some darker spots where I guess I put too much. I decided to wipe it off with Z8 and could not believe how slick it left the car. I wiped down a panel on the side that was cured and then wiped it down after the Z8 and noticed it was a lot slicker. I know it completly goes against what the OS is for but damn it was nice. I don`t know how it will stand up (slickness wise) with OS by itself but we`ll see. I`ll be back next week, I will try to remember to wipe it down cause I wont be washing it and its under a cover so I`ll just take an MF and see. I guess I can`t really see if its still slicker than the OS alone since it was my first time. Anywho, just figured I would tell you my experience.

imported_DieselMDX
05-10-2007, 12:22 AM
yah I have both and z8 is very slick

Scottwax
05-10-2007, 01:25 AM
Z8 works well over OS. I am going to alternate them on the Mustang GT-CS I see every two weeks. I`ve got two coats of OS with an application of Z8 over each (two weeks apart). Looks really good. :)

dogma
05-10-2007, 01:49 AM
Today I washed and waxed the 57 belaire( if you saw the post a few weeks ago I did a 57 and 65 cobra, aston etc.) When I did it before I applied BF gloss enhancing polish ( i think) and today I washed it and applied OS. Well it was my first time using it and I believe I put too much on a few panels like the trunk and hood. It took a while for me to get used to it and to tell you the truth I still don`t think I`m used to it. Anyway, after I did that I washed and waxed the DB7 and came back(30-40 min) to inspect the 57 and noticed most of the OS cured and was fine but trunk and hood had some darker spots where I guess I put too much. I decided to wipe it off with Z8 and could not believe how slick it left the car. I wiped down a panel on the side that was cured and then wiped it down after the Z8 and noticed it was a lot slicker. I know it completly goes against what the OS is for but damn it was nice. I don`t know how it will stand up (slickness wise) with OS by itself but we`ll see. I`ll be back next week, I will try to remember to wipe it down cause I wont be washing it and its under a cover so I`ll just take an MF and see. I guess I can`t really see if its still slicker than the OS alone since it was my first time. Anywho, just figured I would tell you my experience.

The same thing happened to me not matter how much I applied.I had to go over with a QD even after a 8 hour period. Pretty decent stuff though, I still prefer the performance of CS.