PDA

View Full Version : What should i use to apply this wax?

torontodub
05-09-2007, 10:25 PM
well im planning on doing my first detail to my car, i know its deff been a whiel since this cars been waxed and it does have swirls, but im not going to big on paint, i will be doing everything by hand and im planning on claying and applying megs NXT wax

wat would you use to apply this wax, the applicator it comes with or soemthing else like a microfibre applicator, i want as much cut as i can get to help fix some swirls

thanks

ron231
05-09-2007, 11:12 PM
NXT has some minor filling ability, no real swirl removal. If you want swirl removal by hand the best (according to the tests on here in the hall of fame) is autoglym super resin polish.

Look at the before and afters by hand in the hall of fame with it.

the other pc
05-09-2007, 11:26 PM
Since NXT has no cut, just use the foam applicator.

Unless, you persoanlly prefer mf pads, then go for it. That`s up to you.

PC.

JasonD
05-09-2007, 11:27 PM
Using the supplied applicator would work just fine for the NXT.

Just as ron231 suggested, you will most likely need a stronger/more aggressive dedicated "polish" to remove the swirls. I highly suggest looking into buying a Porter Cable polisher, but if that`s not an option, my favorite "by hand" polish is Einszett (1Z) Paint Polish. Follow behind that with 1Z Metallic Polish, and then finally with NXT.

Also, if you end up buying a dedicated polish, and do end up doing this task by hand, purchasing a hand polishing tool like this one ( Wolfgang Polishin’ Pal is an ergonomically shaped urethane handle that holds specially designed foam pads using hooks & loops. (http://www.autogeek.net/polishing-pal.html) ) would really speed things up, and produce a better job.