PDA

View Full Version : Recending a comment on a product!!

Changeling
05-09-2007, 03:29 PM
Some time ago around december 06 I think I made a comment about a product called "Eagle 1 tire cleaner" That I didn`t think it was so hot at all (bottle I had was about 4 years old)! This was when I was just starting to come to Autopia and was totally stupid relative to detailing products. Hopefully some of that has changed, not sure, LOL.

Yesterday I bought a bottle of there tire cleaner, basically because I didn`t have anything to use.

Man was I wrong! First off I used a brush and some "Dawn" on the tires to get the worst off (I thought)! Then I put on the "Eagle 1", I stood there and watched brown crap just run off and out of the tires!! This is right after a dawn wash remember!

I just stood there and laughed, I would never have believed it, if I had not seen it with my own eyes!! I then washed/rinsed off the tires and they looked dam near new (not the rims, they need divine help), so if you are in a pinch or just want to see, give it a go, it`s fairly cheap, and worth it just to see all that brown stuff drain down a tire, awesome.

Maybe some over the counter stuff isn`t so bad after all!!

Changeling

BA_Titan
05-09-2007, 03:56 PM
Think we have all tasted a little "Humble Pie" from time to time..... And maybe we are a little quick sometimes to knock OTC products... :laugh:

BigAl3
05-09-2007, 04:00 PM
my favorite wheel & tire cleaner otc or not, only if they sold it in gallons! :up

http://eagleone.com/images/products/AWTC.jpg

BlueZero
05-09-2007, 04:38 PM
Sweet! I swear I just got a sales ad in the mail for some auto parts store and it`s on sale. I just might have to give it a try. Thanks for the heads up!

Pb2theMax
05-09-2007, 11:22 PM
my favorite wheel & tire cleaner otc or not, only if they sold it in gallons! :up

I agree. It cleans off funky tires and brake dust, but it still seems safe on aluminum wheels.

I bought some last week. It now comes in 32oz bottles.

Changeling
05-10-2007, 01:22 PM
I`m going to email them and see if I can get it in bigger sizes from the factory. I used it again today on a friends car (they tried it), same thing, awesome cleaning power.

Changeling