PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with white Honda Paint?

bjackson8
05-09-2007, 01:03 PM
One of my neighbors has a white Accord, probably a 1993 model, that she wants me to detail. She is getting ready to trade the car in, so this is just going to be a good cleanup and not a prefection job. The car is garaged and in really great shape, other than the usual swirls and dull paint. She said that she waxes it "occasionally".

I have heard that white paint is really hard, but was wondering if anyone had experience with this vintage white Honda paint.?

My plan right now is to as follows:

Wash and clay

Hyper Compound on a yellow pad via PC

Poli-seal

Do I stand a chance of knocking most of the imperfections out in one pass with OHC?

joshtpa
05-09-2007, 01:08 PM
A 93 accord has very soft paint. Keep that in mind.

bjackson8
05-09-2007, 01:11 PM
A 93 accord has very soft paint. Keep that in mind.

I`m hoping that is the case.

Thanks for the reply

SpoiledMan
05-09-2007, 03:47 PM
A `93 white Honda is more than likely single stage and very much on the hard side. Give it a shot with the HC and an orange pad if you have one and see how it goes.

imported_paradigm
05-09-2007, 04:08 PM
the (newer...04 or so) white accord i did was pretty easy to correct. the old 92, red accord that i own is VERY hard to correct. so, no rhyme or reason. :)

most likely you shouldn`t have a problem. post up some pics when you can and good luck!

SubyDude
05-09-2007, 04:39 PM
A `93 white Honda is more than likely single stage and very much on the hard side. Give it a shot with the HC and an orange pad if you have one and see how it goes.

i would agree. I had a 2001 white Accord and it was by no means soft....and not easy to correct.

jnmttu
05-09-2007, 05:15 PM
I do in fact have experience with Honda white of this vintage (see signature). If it is a 93, then it is almost guaranteed to be the same Frost White that is on my car. This stuff is single stage and it is hard as a rock, at least in my case. It`s not up there with Audi or anything, but it is significantly harder than either of our other Hondas. Best of luck.

cjv998
05-09-2007, 09:42 PM
I`m assuming it`s only the white paint of that body style that`s not cc`d? If so, why is that the case? Is there something weird about white paint?

imported_rydawg
05-09-2007, 09:53 PM
I`m assuming it`s only the white paint of that body style that`s not cc`d? If so, why is that the case? Is there something weird about white paint?

Yes..they are very messy to correct

BigAl3
05-09-2007, 10:03 PM
i have an 03 civic and the paint is pretty easy to correct, my sister has an 98 civic and it`s alot harder. btw, both cars are silver...

SpoiledMan
05-09-2007, 10:05 PM
Al, what colors are those Civics?