PDA

View Full Version : Wet Noses..

Pages : [1] 2

alex spanos
05-08-2007, 07:59 PM
Hi, I`m detailing the interior of my moms car and we have two lovely spinger spaniels. The only problem is that my mom takes them with her in the car everywhere she goes, and they seem to enjoy slobbing their wet noses all over the windows, completely negating cleaning the windows. Has anybody ever found a solution to this? Any help would be great, because dog-nose marks totally destroy the look of a clean interior.

Strokin04
05-08-2007, 08:09 PM
Keep the dogs out of the car or put them in a crate when they are in the vehicle. Mike...

alex spanos
05-08-2007, 08:10 PM
Heh, my mom cannot be convinced to do that. Those dogs are her best friends...

imported_paradigm
05-08-2007, 08:18 PM
you are asking how to keep the dogs` noses off of the window? not possible without physically restraining them. your only option would be to put some kind of plastic over the inside of the windows and then peel it off after the dogs did their thing...but that is kind of silly.

alex spanos
05-08-2007, 08:21 PM
Maybe there would be some type of product that repels nose wetness? I dont know. It seems like I will just have to keep the windows clean, every day. I was thinking about putting RainX on the inside of the window, do you think that would do anything?

tod071
05-08-2007, 08:24 PM
"dogs", "cars", and "clean interior" will NEVER be found in the same sentence. You can cover every part that you don`t want to clean. You can clean up after every trip. Or you can keep the dogs out of the car.

Sorry, but there`s no way around this on. I have 3 boxers in my RX and trust me, you can have the cleanest dogs, but once they shake their slob, its over.

alex spanos
05-08-2007, 08:27 PM
I figured as much. It was worth a try though.

Accumulator
05-09-2007, 11:07 AM
Heh heh, I`ve only had *two* dogs that would sit/lie like statues when in the car; they were unusually calm dogs who would simply "stay" forever if I told `em to. It *was* nice...I could take them anywhere in any vehicle.

bjackson8
05-09-2007, 11:31 AM
Hi, I`m detailing the interior of my moms car and we have two lovely spinger spaniels. The only problem is that my mom takes them with her in the car everywhere she goes, and they seem to enjoy slobbing their wet noses all over the windows, completely negating cleaning the windows. Has anybody ever found a solution to this? Any help would be great, because dog-nose marks totally destroy the look of a clean interior.

My kids do the same thing. Only thing that you can do about it is to clean the windows more often.

joyriiide1113
05-09-2007, 11:33 AM
Just keep some glass wipes in the car.. I quick wipedown of two windows takes all but 30 seconds. Armorall sells the wipes in a nice tissue like container.

BMW335i
05-09-2007, 01:40 PM
There is absolutley no product that will decrease the appearance of the "nose wetness" on the windows. You are just going to have to clean them everyday if you want them clean. Dogs will always find some way to ruin your interior, whether it be the nails, the nose, the hair, the poop/pee etc..

alex spanos
05-09-2007, 07:58 PM
Is there any window cleaner than once applied to the window has a strange smell, maybe enough to make a dog not shove their nose on it?

protojason
05-09-2007, 08:15 PM
True, it`s nigh impossible to transport dogs in cars while maintaining a clean interior.

:dance

Jason

"dogs", "cars", and "clean interior" will NEVER be found in the same sentence. You can cover every part that you don`t want to clean. You can clean up after every trip. Or you can keep the dogs out of the car.

Sorry, but there`s no way around this on. I have 3 boxers in my RX and trust me, you can have the cleanest dogs, but once they shake their slob, its over.

01SVTvert
05-10-2007, 02:01 AM
If she leaves the dogs not in a crate or unbelted (yes they have harnesses that clip to the seatbelt) ask her how she would feel if the two "children" were involved in a low speed crash and were killed by flying around the car? Should be able to get them crated or restrained so the windows will then not be a worry!

Junebug
05-10-2007, 06:48 AM
Maybe vinegar?