PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna Users

Pages : [1] 2

fastfred
05-08-2007, 02:34 PM
I just started using Menzerna I.P. on my black Mustang to remove swirls and some scratches. I love the stuff it really works well when I am using my pc. My question is , should I follow I.P. with F.P. 2 OR go srtaight to LSP ?

T.I.A.

Fred

slippy
05-08-2007, 02:43 PM
Well, i would let your eyes be the judge.Look at the paint in natural sunlight, and under halogens if you can and if you are happy with the way things look after properly working the IP,then go straight to your LSP.

If you can see that you have light micro marring, then follow up with the FP before your LSP.

fastfred
05-08-2007, 03:12 PM
Well, i would let your eyes be the judge.Look at the paint in natural sunlight, and under halogens if you can and if you are happy with the way things look after properly working the IP,then go straight to your LSP.

If you can see that you have light micro marring, then follow up with the FP before your LSP.

Thanks,

I wll let my eyes be the judge then. I plan to follow up with Klasse AIO then top with Sauveran paste wax.

Fred

ReDaLeRt
05-08-2007, 03:52 PM
Black car?

Next to Menzerna IP, Menzerna FF with low-cut pad (The Edge blue, e.g.). Then apply a high gloss glaze and sealant/wax. :clap: :drool:

fastfred
05-08-2007, 04:39 PM
Black car?

Next to Menzerna IP, Menzerna FF with low-cut pad (The Edge blue, e.g.). Then apply a high gloss glaze and sealant/wax. :clap: :drool:

The Menzerna rocks on black cars :bigups

Nica
05-09-2007, 06:34 PM

I agree :hifive: , Menzerna products are really good but some times going that little extra gives you incredable results :woohoo: .

4AudiQ
05-09-2007, 06:45 PM
I just started using Menzerna I.P. on my black Mustang to remove swirls and some scratches. I love the stuff it really works well when I am using my pc. My question is , should I follow I.P. with F.P. 2 OR go srtaight to LSP ?

T.I.A.

Fred

This is what I did:

1. Clay

2. IP

3. FPII

4. FTG

5. FMJ

6. HGAS (monthly)

Original 1995 paint.

tstead
05-09-2007, 09:04 PM
WHat experience do you have with edge 2k pads, a pc, and menzerna polishes? Good combo?

mbkintner
05-09-2007, 09:23 PM
AL-53 has reported having problems using Menzerna polishes with the Edge 2K pads. He said he had much better luck with the LC pads.

Mike

ron231
05-09-2007, 09:25 PM
This is what I did:

1. Clay

2. IP

3. FPII

4. FTG

5. FMJ

6. HGAS (monthly)

Original 1995 paint.

That red paint is begging for some carnauba :2thumbs: , you know it is...

imported_rydawg
05-09-2007, 10:09 PM
AL-53 has reported having problems using Menzerna polishes with the Edge 2K pads. He said he had much better luck with the LC pads.

Mike

I also have a problem on rotory with the 3.01 scr super intensive polish on edge pads. It seems to absorb the polish too much and heat up the surface to much and spit back clumps of polish looking like clay. Also it make the pad hop and makes the buffer act wierd and the lights flicker. Lots of pad bindage along with pad squeel with 3.01 and blue edge. Also made the buffer heat up quite a bit. :hairpull

Now with megs or lc pads it will not do this. Even on a yellow lc pad it runs smooth and easy. This is a really finicky polish, but works incredible when there is no issues.

106ff or 85rd works decent on the blue polish edge foam pads. :nixweiss

SuperBee364
05-09-2007, 10:25 PM
I also have a problem on rotory with the 3.01 scr super intensive polish on edge pads. It seems to absorb the polish too much and heat up the surface to much and spit back clumps of polish looking like clay. Also it make the pad hop and makes the buffer act wierd and the lights flicker. Lots of pad bindage along with pad squeel with 3.01 and blue edge. Also made the buffer heat up quite a bit. :hairpull

Now with megs or lc pads it will not do this. Even on a yellow lc pad it runs smooth and easy. This is a really finicky polish, but works incredible when there is no issues.

106ff or 85rd works decent on the blue polish edge foam pads. :nixweiss

I`ve been having problems with Blackfire`s Scratch Resistant Compound (repackaged Menzerna 3.01) doing the exact same thing... clumping, spitting out clay-like gunk, and gumming up pads like crazy. That was with CMA LC CCS yellow and orange pads on a rotary. Someone suggested mixing in some PO106FF with it, and that really seemed to help. No more gumming, hopping, sticking, or flinging, but at the cost of a very significant loss of aggressiveness. Took a long time to get any cutting done. The working time was increased like mad, though. I could work it a good five minutes, which turned out to be a good thing; it took that long to get all the cutting done. On a very hard scratch resistant coating, it felt more like i was using the regular Intensive Polish instead of the 3.01.

I`ve heard reports of guys getting really good results with 3.01 and wool. I have some of the new LC foamed wool pads arriving tomorrow. Gonna give it a shot in the next few days once I get the wife and new daughter home from the hospital.:birthday:

imported_rydawg
05-09-2007, 10:45 PM
That`s what I do too. Mix some 106 onto the pad. I did try it on wool edge yellow pad and it was a nightmare. Dust and static like hell. It really likes the regular lc pads and megs polish pads alot. I prime the pad with 106ff first and then use 3.01. Other than that it performs very well and leaves a very nice finish and removes all removable scratches and marring. The only thing I do not like about menzerna is the polishing oils left behind. Last week I did a VW Passat and when I was done it was covered in oil like I have never seen before with these polishes. Maybe it was the heat making them activate more. I had to wash the car and even the soap was getting nuetrilized by all the oils. First time I have ever had this with menzerna this bad. I used 3.01 and 85rd and both bottles were shaken to hell.

Congrats on the new daughter!!!!!!!! I just had a daughter 5 months ago too. lots of fun!

Junebug
05-10-2007, 09:10 AM
When my daughters came home from the hospital - both C-section babies, I had the 10 second rule, IF I sat down - within 10 seconds either the wife (mostly) or baby needed something. Congrats and remember " no one will ever love you and need you as much as your child" good thing to think when it`s 3:00 AM and they`re hungry!

SuperBee364
05-10-2007, 09:29 AM
Rydawg: I`ll give your method a shot... I was doing it a bit differently. I primed my pad with the 106ff, and then each time I applied more product to the pad, I was placing two dots of 3.01 and two dots of 106ff on it. After the initial priming, I`ll just use the 3.01. I had the oily car problem, too. At first, I just tried a QD wipedown, but the car was still very oily. I ended up doing a 50/50 alcohol wipedown twice, and that seemed to get it. Congrats on your baby daughter, too!! Kids are so awesome... I held my daughter so long yesterday my hands went numb.

Junebug: Both of my kids have been C section, too, and I totally hear ya... I just don`t sit down anymore!