PDA

View Full Version : Hyper Polish vs Hi Temp Extreme cut vs. Chem guys EZ cut heavy duty....

blackntan
05-08-2007, 09:18 AM
I`m looking for a strong, easy to use first step.

My criteria:

- Using a PC and cutting pad, able to remove as many defects as a PC can. Hazing is fine, as I will be following up with a polish of some sort...

- Dusting kept to a minimum.

- ability to use in sun a plus

Thoughts?

They all claim no dusting, and the chem guys says it`s ok to use in the sun...

Never used any of em though...

Driven-528e
05-08-2007, 11:35 AM
Extreme cut gets great results... but using it in the sun with a PC isnt such a good idea. The working time will be significantly reduced; dusting and gumming up of the pad will increase.

For in the sun usage, the optimum line has worked best for me (although, I`ve just used the compound and polish).

Envious Eric
05-08-2007, 12:44 PM
EC on a PC with a cutting pad works amazing on hard paint...sucks on softer paint (tears it up worse) and leaves the paint almost wax ready...almost, still have to run another polish after...

blackntan
05-09-2007, 07:35 PM
I couldn`t find any comments or reviews on the chem guys stuff, so I ordered that. Full write up and review to follow...

I also ordered their matte finish vinyl stuff...

Anyone have experience with that? I`m always looking for a good, true matte finish wheel and trim product....

2StepsAhead
05-09-2007, 09:55 PM
I would look into the Optimum line if you`re using it in the sun and want no dusting, they`re notorious for low dust...some people even mix in some Op or Oc into another compound to get longer work in time.

BaseSteala112
07-01-2007, 09:11 PM
I have the same criteria as this guy. I`m looking for the most correction I can get out of my PC. I have it down to Hi-Temp, Optimum, Prima, or Menzerna. Any others??? Thanks for any help.