PDA

View Full Version : So can i polish over clay lube residue?

Skyhawk
05-07-2007, 07:18 PM
Well im claying my car right now and then later im going to use Merenza IP, Z-PC, and then Z-AIO, follwed by Z-5 and Z-2. Now do i HAVE to wipe the residue off, or can i just polish over it? Im wiping as much off as i can after i get done with each section, but theres still some left on there of course. Just want to know if i can save time and just polish over it...

rkf76
05-07-2007, 07:40 PM
Well im claying my car right now and then later im going to use Merenza IP, Z-PC, and then Z-AIO, follwed by Z-5 and Z-2. Now do i HAVE to wipe the residue off, or can i just polish over it? Im wiping as much off as i can after i get done with each section, but theres still some left on there of course. Just want to know if i can save time and just polish over it...I do that all the time and it hasn`t been an issue, i`m always left with beautiful swirl free finishes.

Skyhawk
05-07-2007, 08:42 PM
alright sweet, ill give it a try then. Will definitly save me some time...

Nica
05-07-2007, 10:34 PM
Well the only concer I can see is that if you leave to much it could affect the polish. Since you said your wiping it off as much as possible then that tells me that there is not to much left so it should be safe but then again I have never done it.

Another way of looking at is, would you polish after a wash and a quick air dry of the vehicle? When I say air dry I mean like a leaf blower or something among those lines. Well just my opinion, I could be out to lunch on this but just my thoughts.

Let us know how it works for you.

rkf76
05-07-2007, 10:45 PM
I believe there`s a few guys here who don`t even dry the car after washing when they plan on polishing