PDA

View Full Version : Applicator jack pot! I love Meijer

coupe
05-07-2007, 05:00 PM
Its becoming harder and harder and harder to find Meguiars yellow foam applicator pads which is what I primarily use for all my waxes/sealants. Walmart no longer carry`s them, Autozone (at least in my area) dont carry them anymore, Pepboys (at least in my area) dont carry them anymore nor advance auto nor Napa nor Carquest. Quite dis-heartening when its a staple of your gear and now something you have to order online, like i dont have enough crap i have to buy on a regular basis online yet add something else to the long list :wall

A few years ago i used to use turtle wax applicators (loved them) until they stopped distributing them just like im going through now with meguiars. I went to meijer for beer and like i always do in any store im at i check out the car-care section if they have one. This is what i find!

Turtle wax foam applicators!

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d104/Rand81/100_6726.jpg

4 for $1. Yeah i bought them ALL. The chick at the check out was like :think:

I dont know where they got them because they are all in normal zip lock baggie’s with what looks like generic sticker labeling. Maybe they found them in the back hidden for the past 7 years :nixweiss . Very weird but hey i wasnt lookin for an explanation :woot:

Old Pirate
05-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Great find and price!!, you lucky dog.

Jetbo
05-07-2007, 05:08 PM
awww your lucky I am haveing the same problem. I have also had some good finds at Meijer`s in the past, the last one being meguiar`s water magnets for $2 each :)

SVR
05-08-2007, 05:30 AM
I can`t believe you like those crappy little pads.

It`s extra thick rectangular`s or pakshak MF applicators for me.

coupe
05-08-2007, 06:00 AM
MF applicators and just about any cloth type applicator i can never get to last and not only that but they are almost impossible to clean out. These last a VERY long time and are easy to clean out.

SVR
05-08-2007, 06:03 AM
The rectangular foams are two inche thick and I love em

Have lasted for years

joshtpa
05-08-2007, 07:16 AM
I can`t believe you like those crappy little pads.

It`s extra thick rectangular`s or pakshak MF applicators for me.

That is crazy, I use both, but these foam pads are outstanding.

norcalg
05-10-2007, 12:14 AM
Orchard Supply Hardware still carries the Meg`s 2 pack foam pads. I was at a different Orchard last week and they also had them.

Strokin04
05-10-2007, 12:19 AM
I miss Meijer`s and hate walmart!!! Mike...

kleraudio
05-10-2007, 12:30 AM
damn i need to find those pads locally as well, i miss them!

Nice find!

Jim

AL-53
05-10-2007, 06:35 AM
Coupe..nice find...those pads are likefinding a nettle in a hay stack...same here..no one has them any more....I tried them all..MF applicators..the terry ones..and nothing works as good as the foam...buy one of those handles wal mart has comes with 3 pads..the meg`s ones work very good with them...it is 3.49 I think...target has one also...2.99...the pad sticks to the velcro and makes it easy to move around...

Al

coupe
05-10-2007, 06:48 AM
Coupe..nice find...those pads are likefinding a nettle in a hay stack...same here..no one has them any more....I tried them all..MF applicators..the terry ones..and nothing works as good as the foam...buy one of those handles wal mart has comes with 3 pads..the meg`s ones work very good with them...it is 3.49 I think...target has one also...2.99...the pad sticks to the velcro and makes it easy to move around...

Al

Ive been thinkin about pickin one up. For under $5 its hard to go wrong.

kleraudio
05-10-2007, 09:10 AM
Im too worried the handle will slip right onto my paint. I just use my hand because of that fear alone.

Jim