PDA

View Full Version : Work time of poli seal?

backwoods_lex
05-07-2007, 11:58 AM
What is the work time for optimum poli seal? Is it like using OP--same process? Thanks for any help guys.

*And what is the cure time for optimum clearseal? I couldn`t find it on the optimum website. Thanks again.*

bjackson8
05-07-2007, 12:45 PM
To me, Poli-Seal does not have the same kind of working time that the Optimum polishes have. I see it as more of a cleaner than a polish. I don`t use poli-seal to remove defects, just to clean and leave a base for my LSP.

imported_hooked
05-07-2007, 01:17 PM
Ditto for me regarding Poli-Seal. It disappears a lot faster than other AIO products, so I don`t work it as long.

Regarding Optimum "ClearSeal"...Are you referring to Opti-Seal? I think ClearSeal is the Zaino product.

backwoods_lex
05-07-2007, 01:28 PM
Regarding Optimum "ClearSeal"...Are you referring to Opti-Seal? I think ClearSeal is the Zaino product.[/QUOTE]

My mistake guys. I`ve been slacking on following up on the newer products, which is why I am posting. Optiseal is what I am asking about.

Also, to clarify, by work time I mean how long does it take with PC to complete the job. Not how long I can max out per pass. Sounds like less time than OP takes. Thanks for the replies.

bjackson8
05-07-2007, 01:55 PM
Regarding Optimum "ClearSeal"...Are you referring to Opti-Seal? I think ClearSeal is the Zaino product.

My mistake guys. I`ve been slacking on following up on the newer products, which is why I am posting. Optiseal is what I am asking about.

Also, to clarify, by work time I mean how long does it take with PC to complete the job. Not how long I can max out per pass. Sounds like less time than OP takes. Thanks for the replies.[/QUOTE]

With poli-seal, I just make a couple of relatively slow passes with the PC on 4, not nearly what you would do if you were using a polish.

Anthony O.
05-07-2007, 05:36 PM
"Opti-Seal" is a pure polymer sealant in that it has no cleaners or polishing properties and is best applied by hand BUT I have heard where some are using a PC to apply it.

Optimum "Poli-Seal" is an AIO type product and it has a longer working time than most think. PS works clear and because of that many people think it`s flashing off quickly but it`s not.....it`s still there working. How long is the work time via PC? I have no idea as I don`t use a PC but with my Cyclo I work PS until I feel I have reached my goals, obviously taking into account the limits of PoliSeal.

Anthony

imported_Bence
05-07-2007, 06:46 PM
Ohh, yes, OPS`s invisible nature causes some problems in certain minds, huh? :D

Scottwax
05-07-2007, 10:45 PM
I typically work an area 60-90 seconds with OPS via Cyclo or PC (PC on 6), moving the buffer a couple inches per second with 50% overlapping passes.

maesal
05-08-2007, 01:46 AM
I work the Poli-Seal via rotary @ ~1400 rpm for 1-2 min each section with great results. If I use high rpm, I use it as finishing polish and as base for LSP. If I use lower rpm, is because I used another finishing polish and then I use lower rpm just to clean, not to correct. It works amazing. Also on headlights, is fantastic.

thesacrifice
05-08-2007, 04:04 AM
wow that long? OPS disappears in seconds for me!

maesal
05-08-2007, 04:06 AM
It not disappears, it turns transparent.