PDA

View Full Version : Use ??? prior to RMG & Victoria Wax?

imported_Islander
05-07-2007, 09:39 AM
I have a new Azera in Black with some dealer installed swirls. Megs 3 step program; cleaner, polish & yellow carnuba by hand removed some of the swirls & car looked very good but lacked the wow factor. I`m stepping up to a PC 7424 and from folks I`ve chatted with the RMG & Victoria Wax (red) combo seem to offer the wet / deep look I`m after.

My need for help is in what to use prior to those products and in what order...clay? swirl remover? polish? sealant?

Also, any recommendations for an interior spray without alot of shine? I like the matte look but want some protection for the dash pad.

Many Thanx for your help!

imported_Islander
05-08-2007, 09:10 AM
No replies?:work:

My apologies if Icommitted a cardinal sin by mentioning products not sold here?:aww: I still need to buy the PC, swirl remover, polish.....

Thanx, this is a great forum!

joshtpa
05-08-2007, 09:33 AM
Interior spray with a lot of shine???How about armorall. For a base coat, try an AIO type product. Maybe Klasse AIO, Poliseal, or XMT 360.

Onecustomer
05-08-2007, 09:57 AM
Hi, I`m new here. I`ve recently become familiar with System One and I believe this product would do everything your wanting to do. Have you heard of it? I saw it being demonstrated in 100 degree sun and it totally removed swirl marks and left a great looking finish. And all you need is the one product, not 3! I`m not a professional but I hope to be one day. Hope this helps.

sentra_99
05-08-2007, 10:02 AM
Also, any recommendations for an interior spray without alot of shine?

303 Products are very good for this. I use 303 Aerospace Protectant on my dash and it has more of a matte finish than other products that I have tried.

joshtpa
05-08-2007, 10:12 AM
For interior spray with not a lot of shine you can also try blackfire interior spray.

Big Leegr
05-08-2007, 10:47 AM
The Lite Cleanse (Victoria Wax) does a good job of smoothing the paint and hiding light cobwebbing. (They have a Heavy Cleanse (I think that`s its name) that is for haze and swirl removal, but I haven`t tried that.)

If you haven`t clayed, that should be the first step (after washing). Then swirl remover, then a sealant if you so choose, then RMG and the VW (a day later, so the sealant can properly cure.). If you re-wax monthly, I don`t think you`ll need a sealant underneath. I`ve found that the yellow and the red VW`s both last over a month when a mild shampoo is used, and a bit longer when booster QD`s are used.

As to the interior- Adam`s VRT is pretty matte. Some other protectants that are maybe a bit less matte can be toned down a bit if you wipe the surface with a damp cloth after application. (for water based protectants like Mothers Protectant.)

slippy
05-08-2007, 11:44 AM
The VW Lite cleanse, and Deep cleanse are IMO the finest pre Carnauba paint cleansers available.

ron231
05-08-2007, 12:07 PM
Just like I told you in that PM, first try to get your swirls out with something not too aggressive like xmt2 or optimum polish with a white or orange lake country pad. Heck, you might even wanna try taking the victoria lite or deep cleanse and using the pc with a white LC polishing pad if your swirls are light. But dont forget the clay! All clay is pretty good except for mothers, it leaves too much residue, try blue clay magic.

The lite or deep cleanse will not rid you of your swirls completely but they are awesome products, if you continue to use them once a month ot so eventually your swirls will be gone and they can also be used to maintain the swirl free finish.

Even if your swirls ARE still there you will have a "wow" factor if you top RMG with victoria. But if you get them out of course, it will be much better.

Since your car is new, try the cleanse products from VW or p21s paintwork cleanser after claying. Be sure to overuse lube when claying and knead it to a clean surface often to avoid scratching.

firegate
05-08-2007, 01:29 PM
Hi, I`m new here. I`ve recently become familiar with System One and I believe this product would do everything your wanting to do. Have you heard of it? I saw it being demonstrated in 100 degree sun and it totally removed swirl marks and left a great looking finish. And all you need is the one product, not 3! I`m not a professional but I hope to be one day. Hope this helps.

:beware ...

Onecustomer
05-08-2007, 03:08 PM
That was my first post and this is my second. I`m new to this and wasn`t trying to "spam" - I`m sorry if anyone felt thats what I was doing. I have read other posters who have shared info on products they like so I simply was doing the same. I used it and it worked for me. Am I not suppose to mention products that aren`t sold on this site? I`m sincerely asking, because if I shouldn`t, then I won`t. TIA

NSXTASY
05-08-2007, 03:21 PM
That was my first post and this is my second. I`m new to this and wasn`t trying to "spam" - I`m sorry if anyone felt thats what I was doing. I have read other posters who have shared info on products they like so I simply was doing the same. I used it and it worked for me. Am I not suppose to mention products that aren`t sold on this site? I`m sincerely asking, because if I shouldn`t, then I won`t. TIA

:har: :woot: :beware :har: :funnypost :goodjob :secret