PDA

View Full Version : P21S - white paint. `85 Carrera

WolfeMacleod
05-06-2007, 09:23 PM
Greetings.

I have an `85 911 Carrera that was purchased a little over a month ago.

Paint is in good shape.

I`m geting it ready for a car show next weekend. A small thing, really, but I want it to *POP* and look fantastic. I think it`s almost there, but it`s lacking "something"

I`ve clayed it at last twice in the last month. Washed once a week, and given a wipedown with SpeedShine and MF towel after every drive.

I`m using P21S wax on it right now, and while it looks prety good, I think it can look much better.

I`ve done some light work on it with a random orbital, but I feel my skill (and patience with it) could use a lot of improvement.

P21S advises not to let the wax dry before buffing it off. Anyone here using it have an idea of what a good time to let it sit bfore buffing would be? I`ve tried buffing after only a couple minutes, and I`ve tried letting it sit for 1/2 hour...can`t really tell a difference.

How long to let sit before adding another coat?

I tend to apply the wax using circular pattners.

Here`s the car in question, on the day of purchase. The blue one next to it is also mine (and is dirty as stink right now):o

http://wolfetone.com/911/IMG_0602.jpg

http://wolfetone.com/911/IMG_0604.jpg

dshreter
05-10-2007, 01:58 PM
I think I`d work harder at getting the black parts on your car "blacker". The increased contrast will help make the white pop.

joshtpa
05-10-2007, 02:05 PM
Just put P21S on like any other wax and move to the next section...When that section is complete, go back and take the previous section off. I have never had a problem with this wax, it is very easy to use, and looks spectacular. As far as the other poster said, drop some mothers back to black on the black surfaces on your car, and it will look amazing.

WolfeMacleod
05-10-2007, 03:33 PM
I think I`d work harder at getting the black parts on your car "blacker". The increased contrast will help make the white pop.

Getting the black to be black is no problem for me. I find that the 303 Protectant does a fantastic job of it.

I have some of the Mothers, but I haven`t been too impressed with it on the wing of the blue 924S

I have done the apply to one panel, move to the next...still don`t notice too much of a difference.

There`s about 6 coats of P-21S on the car right now. Perhaps I`m expecting too much of a dramatic difference?

jimmie jam
05-10-2007, 03:40 PM
i have white vehicles. prep the finish with whatever you like them a simple application of NXT will make it pop. add another layer the next day if you like. my corvette looks like dripping wet paint after NXT. jmho.

imported_gusbubba
05-10-2007, 03:57 PM
I`ve found that a thicker dressing like Meg`s All Season

works well for the "spongy" rear wings on some Porsches.

Like the previous poster mentioned , NXT looks great on white,

but I also get fantastic results with 845 IW....adds a good bit of gloss,

durable as all get-out and makes future cleaning very easy.

It also adds a nice shine to smooth rubber trim around windows

and such.

joshtpa
05-10-2007, 04:13 PM
P21S on my white car makes it look amazing, so I am not sure what you are missing...How is the prep leaving the car looking?