PDA

View Full Version : Will NXT Spray Wax Remove Zaino?

johny
05-05-2007, 07:28 AM
I applied Z-AIO and Z-CS to my car a few weeks ago. Yesterday I applied some NXT Spray Wax. I know that the "regular" NXT wax (liquid and paste) contains some cleaners ... I was wondering if the spray wax might have removed some of my Zaino. Thanks for any info.

wannafbody
05-05-2007, 08:32 AM
highly doubtful. How does it look? If you like the NXT booster you`d really like Z8.

joshtpa
05-05-2007, 08:49 AM
It does not contain enough cleaners to do that.

imported_Blake
05-05-2007, 08:52 AM
I doubt that it has any cleaning ability at all. I have topped Opti Seal with OCW and it works just fine. I know it`s overkill but what the H.

imported_memnuts
05-05-2007, 08:57 AM
Only if the NXT spray booster contains "alcohol" as a mild cleanser and/or evaporant will it remove some of the sealant`s top surface. This is actually a good thing if applied to an apparently clean but non-washed finish.

johny
05-05-2007, 03:12 PM
Cool. Thanks for all the responses. This is the first time I have used a spray wax, and I rarely use quick detailers. I neglected to order Z8 with the rest of my Zaino purchase, and I need to hunt down some Aquawax. Those are two products I would like to try. Overall, I thought the NXT was a really nice booster; it was easy to apply and remove (on a semi-dry car) and had a nice gloss.

BlackElantraGT
05-05-2007, 05:45 PM
I can`t talk about Z8 since I`ve never used it, but once you switch to AquaWax, you`ll want to throw away the NXT Spray Booster wax. You`ll understand what it means when someone says a product is easy to apply and remove.

joshtpa
05-05-2007, 06:21 PM
Cool. Thanks for all the responses. This is the first time I have used a spray wax, and I rarely use quick detailers. I neglected to order Z8 with the rest of my Zaino purchase, and I need to hunt down some Aquawax. Those are two products I would like to try. Overall, I thought the NXT was a really nice booster; it was easy to apply and remove (on a semi-dry car) and had a nice gloss.

I think you will find that NXT booster is much different than AW. Both have places in your arsenal. The NXT booster is great to give it a quick QD and light cleaning, whereas the AW is great to use for a beautiful finish.

JJUACC
05-06-2007, 10:56 AM
One thing to remember....

If you decide to apply additional coats of the Zaino products, the NXT (or other product) must be removed from the car`s surface first for proper adhereance to the paint.

johny
05-06-2007, 11:24 AM
One thing to remember....

If you decide to apply additional coats of the Zaino products, the NXT (or other product) must be removed from the car`s surface first for proper adhereance to the paint.

Good point. Would the cleaners in the Z-AIO effectively remove these other products? Or should I use a Dawn wash and clay every time I apply Zaino ... or just when I am going to apply Zaino over another company`s product? Sorry, so many questions.

imported_memnuts
05-06-2007, 12:22 PM
Good point. Would the cleaners in the Z-AIO effectively remove these other products? Or should I use a Dawn wash and clay every time I apply Zaino ... or just when I am going to apply Zaino over another company`s product? Sorry, so many questions.

The NXT Booster Wax will be long gone after a week or so. Just Z7 wash and you will be perfectly ready for your next Zaino session.:woot2: :woot2:

johny
05-07-2007, 04:28 AM
The NXT Booster Wax will be long gone after a week or so. Just Z7 wash and you will be perfectly ready for your next Zaino session.:woot2: :woot2:

Awesome. I heard that the NXT was kinda weak on durability.

Macruz19
05-07-2007, 10:42 AM
Yes I`ve used NXT spray wax and that stuff doesn`t last very long. I would say either a rain storm or a car wash would wash all the spray wax off.

But if you want to be sure about it, I`d just apply Z-AIO again to start over for the Zaino process. It might be over kill, but it doesn`t take long to do so.