PDA

View Full Version : Zaino CS Attracting Dust

jw
05-04-2007, 09:13 PM
Has anyone noticed that after applying CS that everything sticks to it until you wash it again?

joshtpa
05-04-2007, 09:14 PM
I noticed this a little bit...But not too bad. Just a little bit of QD and it worked like a charm.

Anthony O.
05-04-2007, 09:33 PM
Several things can attract dust. Just the fact the you`re rubbing on your car can generate static which in turn attracts dust so it`s not so much the Zaino (or any product) alone doing it.

The other thing are oils or silicones in products that can also attract dust.

Anthony

wannafbody
05-04-2007, 09:39 PM
Any product will have dust settle on it- it isn`t an issue as long as it washes clean

imported_GregCavi
05-04-2007, 11:03 PM
I haven`t noticed any abnormal dust from any other product.

Greg

eShine
05-04-2007, 11:12 PM
I have noticed this with many jobs I do and soon realized it is not product specific. I found a way to eliminate this almost completely on most of the vehicles I do. In my shop I have a large Air Compressor that is lagged to the ground. I made up a long single wire cable with a metal alligator clip on each end. I clip one side to the lag on the compressor, and the other to the body on the car. Viola, car is grounded, no more static! All for about $10.

JJUACC
05-05-2007, 08:15 AM
Give it a wipe of Z-6 or Z-8 after the Z-CS dries.

The cause may be your towels that you use to buff/dry your car.

Static electricity can build up in your towels and transfer to the surface of your car.

When drying your towels, pull them out of the dryer when they are a little bit moist and air dry after that.