PDA

View Full Version : towels/pads for polishing metal...

imported_paradigm
05-04-2007, 06:15 PM
what does everyone recommend for polishing metal? i know i`m not going to use my good MF towels...heck...i don`t want to use my bad ones. :)

since the applicators, pads, towels are most likely a loss after using metal polishes on them...what do you use?

imported_Puckman
05-04-2007, 07:31 PM
I did a friend`s Harley a couple of years ago and didn`t want to use my stash of MF`s on it. I went to a fabric store and bought 2 yards of 100% cotton fabric. It cost me about 2 bucks at the time and I then cut it up in several pieces and used them on the bike`s chrome and metal pieces. Worked perfect and I still have a few of those cotton pieces left. I did toss most of them so for about $1.50 it was worth it.

joshtpa
05-04-2007, 07:37 PM
I use the Mothers power ball most of the time.

3Dog
05-04-2007, 11:47 PM
I did a friend`s Harley a couple of years ago and didn`t want to use my stash of MF`s on it. I went to a fabric store and bought 2 yards of 100% cotton fabric. It cost me about 2 bucks at the time and I then cut it up in several pieces and used them on the bike`s chrome and metal pieces. Worked perfect and I still have a few of those cotton pieces left. I did toss most of them so for about $1.50 it was worth it.

Is there a reason you didnt want to use MF on chrome?:nixweiss

imported_paradigm
05-05-2007, 07:04 PM
the fabric store is a good idea.

3Dog- we don`t want to use our MFs w/ the metal polish because it will essentially destroy them...at least to the point that they will have to be dedicated to metal polishing after that. i also don`t want that stuff in my clothes washer...so they would need to be hand washed. :(