PDA

View Full Version : Choosing an LSP for this specific goal...

danforz
05-04-2007, 01:32 PM
Hey guys, my gf owns a Black 2006 Benz CLK 350. Its in descent condition, with the usual swirls and such. I`m going to do a LONG detail on it so I can take photos and add it to my portfolio, so my goal is to make it look spectacular on print.

Heres how I`m going to tackle it:

1. CG Medium Grade Clay

2. Sonus SFX 2 via CCS Orange

3. Zaino ZPC via CCS White

4. kAIO via CCS White

5. ???

I have a few options for step five:

Z5 Pro

Chemical Guys Pete`s 53

Collonite 845

Poorboys Sealant + Nuba

Everything minus Zaino would be applied with PC. I don`t want to do multiple layers, so if I go for z5 it`d be 2 layers at most.

Again, my goal is to make this look AMAZING in my portfolio, so I was thinking I`d go for a deep wet look using the CG53 or Collonite. What are your opinions?

Saleenfan
05-04-2007, 03:17 PM
im a nuba man myself, I just love the look when u apply more than 1 or 2 layers cause then it looks absolutely perfect. (but then again you said you didnt want to do multiple layers)

bsdsys
05-04-2007, 03:22 PM
Hey guys, my gf owns a Black 2006 Benz CLK 350. Its in descent condition, with the usual swirls and such. I`m going to do a LONG detail on it so I can take photos and add it to my portfolio, so my goal is to make it look spectacular on print.

1. CG Medium Grade Clay

4. kAIO via CCS White

5. ???

Z5 Pro

Chemical Guys Pete`s 53

Collonite 845

Poorboys Sealant + Nuba

Everything minus Zaino would be applied with PC. I don`t want to do multiple layers, so if I go for z5 it`d be 2 layers at most.

Again, my goal is to make this look AMAZING in my portfolio, so I was thinking I`d go for a deep wet look using the CG53 or Collonite. What are your opinions?

First, you need to choose one or the other. Either Klasse AIO or ZAIO. If you choose to apply Zaino for your LSP then I would go with ZAIO under Z5-Pro. If your going to use Klasse AIO then you pretty much have many options but playing around is your best bet really. No one can answer this questiion because everyones opinion on what looks good is subject to each and everyones personal taste.

Bryan

joshtpa
05-04-2007, 03:27 PM
First, you need to choose one or the other. Either Klasse AIO or ZAIO. If you choose to apply Zaino for your LSP then I would go with ZAIO under Z5-Pro. If your going to use Klasse AIO then you pretty much have many options but playing around is your best bet really. No one can answer this questiion because everyones opinion on what looks good is subject to each and everyones personal taste.

Bryan

I think you are mistaken...he is not using ZAIO, he is using ZPC...2 totally different products.

sevenrd
05-04-2007, 04:36 PM
I`m really liking Pete`s 53`. Easy on, easy off. Great look IMO. Here`s my Speed 6 with 2 coats of Pete`s...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/dwargg/7632a1fb.jpg

danforz
05-04-2007, 04:40 PM
I`m really liking Pete`s 53`. Easy on, easy off. Great look IMO. Here`s my Speed 6 with 2 coats of Pete`s...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/dwargg/7632a1fb.jpg

Very nice... but isn`t speed 6 a bit fast for applying a wax?

sevenrd
05-04-2007, 04:44 PM
Very nice... but isn`t speed 6 a bit fast for applying a wax?

I applied by hand. What I meant by Speed 6 is that the car is a Mazdaspeed 6. :)

danforz
05-04-2007, 07:12 PM
lol ahh ok!

imported_memnuts
05-04-2007, 07:51 PM
Concentrate on the prep and any of the LSP`s you have will look photographically great. If you are really good at prepping photos will not be able to reveal a difference in depth and wetness. There may be a difference in the sharpness of the reflections with Z5.:nixweiss

imported_SHICKS
05-08-2007, 08:32 AM
If you are taking digital photos, I wold concentrate on Photoshop post processing to bring out the best of whatever lsp you choose.

sevenrd - I hope you don`t mind using your photo as an example.

1. CG Medium Grade Clay

4. kAIO via CCS White

5. ???

Z5 Pro

Chemical Guys Pete`s 53

Collonite 845

Poorboys Sealant + Nuba