PDA

View Full Version : First it`s pollen, and now ASHES!!

Macruz19
05-04-2007, 11:11 AM
I`m just glad my car is very well protected and maintained as far as appearance looks. The pollen season has been gone quite sometime, but now we are dealing with ashes/smoke, and no rain here in the Jacksonville area since almost 3 weeks ago.

The southern Georgia forest fires (Waycross) has burned I believe over 90,000acres of land, and the smoke has gone as far south to Orlando.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e116/macruz19/fire.jpg

Yesterday I didn`t know what was in the air. It looked like fog, but it`s actually smoke! I look at cars and most are covered with ashes. We haven`t received any rain for quite some time and it`s been hot. The only positive side to all this is the smoke is actually blocking the sun`s rays from keeping the temperature rising even more. It`s very weird driving in all this and my car has actaully sheeted off the ashes and dust, and I also see a decrease of dead bugs on my clearbra. It`s really not a great idea to go out and walk and enhale all that smoke.

Anyway, just wanted to share that dust here from construction is bad, and then you top it off with ashes from forest fires. I hope this doesn`t spread to Florida because we are in a serious rain drought.