PDA

View Full Version : Need some input on a few new products.

Saleenfan
05-03-2007, 01:15 PM
OK heres a list of a few things I was to get with in the next week or so.

1) Metal polish (im cleaning the inside of my wheels)

2) Wheel wax (see above)

3) Microfiber towels (my towels are about shot and I want to upgrade)

3) New LSP, im looking at Pinnacle Sovereign, Zymol Carbon, and S100 again (car is dark red metallic)

4) Minor polishs thinking sonus swirlbuster with sonus swril buster pad

And for the microfiber towels I wan quite a few (around 10) however i dont want to spend 8 bucks a pop.

O and on a side note hows Wolfgang Deep Gloss sealant?

thanks in advance

Danny

Saleenfan
05-03-2007, 01:25 PM
Amazon.com: Cobra Microfiber Towel Combo Kit: Automotive (http://tinyurl.com/yvds6d)

How are these microfibers?

bjackson8
05-03-2007, 01:30 PM
Wheel polish - I would be careful if you wheels are clearcoated, because you don`t want to damage the finish. I would use a APC and a brush. May take some time, but it will work.

Wheel wax - the Colinite waxes are great on wheels.

Microfiber towels - The Excel Detail towels are great, and just a few bucks a piece. Patrick usually has quantity deals.

Saleenfan
05-03-2007, 01:32 PM
Wheel polish - I would be careful if you wheels are clearcoated, because you don`t want to damage the finish. I would use a APC and a brush. May take some time, but it will work.

Wheel wax - the Colinite waxes are great on wheels.

Microfiber towels - The Excel Detail towels are great, and just a few bucks a piece. Patrick usually has quantity deals.

Thanks for the info and yes my wheels are clearcoated but im doing the inside of the wheels (brake side) so there isnt a clear coat there.

TGates
05-03-2007, 02:09 PM
I like Meguiar`s NXT All Metal Polish for metals of all sorts. Poorboy`s Pro Polish is also nice on metal.

Wheel Wax - I just use whatever I`m using on my paint. Any sealant is fine. A carnauba isn`t going to hold up very well on wheels, IMO.

MFs - My favorite MF`s are the Cobra Superplush 16x24. I use those and Meg`s Supreme Shine MF`s almost exclusively on my paint, although PakShak towels are nice, too.

LSP - out of your choices, I`d go with Souveran. Actually, I`d go with WG sealant topped with Souveran for extra protection.

Polish - The swirlbuster polish/pad combo is one of my very favorites, but it doesn`t get much airtime here. It worked wonders for me on my hard GM clearcoat on my previous car, a 2005 GTO, where I didn`t want to spend the time to polish out every last swirl via PC. It`s filling properites are awesome. I love it. Other popular polishes around here are Menzerna and Optimum. There are lots of others but for me, it`d be the swirlbuster combo.

joshtpa
05-03-2007, 02:32 PM
If wheels are clearcoated, use and AIO type of solution such as Klasse. it works wonders. For the money, it is hard to go wrong with S100 especially on a dark car.

Saleenman607
05-03-2007, 03:06 PM
As far as LSP.....Souveran or P21S can`t be beat for a red. I`m assuming you own a Mustang so Laser red will POP. I use these over Klasse and am happy with result.

Regards......

Accumulator
05-03-2007, 08:52 PM
Saleenfan- A few of our vehicles have the clearcoated-but-not-on-backs finish. I just treat them like paint, using the same abrasive polishes as needed after claying. I do try to be a bit gentle on the back sides and the uncleared paint wears off quickly but that seems to happen sooner or later anyhow and as long as you keep something on them (I usually use multiple layers of KSG) they`ll stay OK. So to summarize: I would clay until they`re clean, polish until they`re marring-free (or close enough), use the Klasse twins.

Remember to clean them with shampoo instead of wheel cleaner lest you strip off whatever you put on them ;)

For MFs I`d go with Patrick at Aloha & Welcome to Our Oasis for All Your Auto Detailing Supplies & Accessories (http://www.pakshak.com/index.html) or Ranney at Aloha & Welcome to Our Oasis for All Your Auto Detailing Supplies & Accessories (http://www.pakshak.com/index.html) .

Can`t really help with the other Qs as I`m not familiar with your paint, but I prefer Souveran to P21S. FWIW I *still* love the UPP I`m using on the S8 and I even use it on that car`s wheels.

If I were buying a new polish I`d get the Blackfire/Menzerna finishing polish for scratch resistant clears because I hear it leaves the best possible finish. Never got around to trying mine though...

Black Diamond
05-03-2007, 09:10 PM
Amazon.com: Cobra Microfiber Towel Combo Kit: Automotive (http://tinyurl.com/yvds6d)

How are these microfibers?

Those are the Cobra towels.

NICE!

Saleenfan
05-04-2007, 01:12 PM
Thanks for all the help guys i think im gonna use NXT polish(with that stock white pad that comes with the PC), continue using S100, Sonus Swirlbuster, and get those Excel Towels

Great deal on those thanks Bjackson8

thanks for all the help guys!

Danny

bjackson8
05-04-2007, 01:21 PM
You may want to consider spending a little extra and getting a backing plate and a few pads for the PC. The white pad that came with the machine leaves alot to be desired. Many users have reported that they have a dendency to self destruct.

You can get a backing plate for about $15 and the pads are about $8 each. Would be money well spent, especially if you are planning to do any paint correction with the machine.

Saleenfan
05-04-2007, 03:08 PM
You may want to consider spending a little extra and getting a backing plate and a few pads for the PC. The white pad that came with the machine leaves alot to be desired. Many users have reported that they have a dendency to self destruct.

You can get a backing plate for about $15 and the pads are about $8 each. Would be money well spent, especially if you are planning to do any paint correction with the machine.

O yeah I already have a 6 inch backing plate and about 9 "normal" pads

Its just I have the white one that came with it and never had anything to use it on (cause i know it sucks) so i figured i would use it to polish the inside of my wheels. If it self destructs O well im not really going to be destraught about it cause its a POS anyways.

nightscare
05-18-2007, 06:44 PM
Polish - The swirlbuster polish/pad combo is one of my very favorites, but it doesn`t get much airtime here. It worked wonders for me on my hard GM clearcoat on my previous car, a 2005 GTO, where I didn`t want to spend the time to polish out every last swirl via PC. It`s filling properites are awesome. I love it. Other popular polishes around here are Menzerna and Optimum. There are lots of others but for me, it`d be the swirlbuster combo.

i just received my pc 7424 kit, along with the sfx-1, 2 and 3 pads. i also have the swirlbuster polish, but wasn`t sure which of those pads i should use? i would have ordered the swirlbuster pad but it was out of stock... should i order one now that they are in stock, or will one of the sfx pads work for me?