PDA

View Full Version : Who is using Prima?

nonwelder
05-03-2007, 09:50 AM
I`ve done some searches, and nothing really definitive. Products look great, and I am really interested in the glaze and sealant. Any thoughts or experiences?

Thanks!

SVR
05-03-2007, 08:13 PM
I use it professionally and love it and here`s why

Prima Swirl

1500 grit compound/polish can be used on any type of pad from yellow to black and does more than just revive the paint. It some how deep cleans the paint and makes it look deeper.

It does hologram with the stronger pads but that could be my technique.

maybe I`m working it a little too long.

On my 98 model car it made the fresh off the gun look come back like no other product and gave the appearance of being a super shiny single stage finish instead of clear.

Topped with menzerna and then prime and water by machine, the finish now is insane, the orange peel is hidden under a rock hard acrylic coating (didn`t do it on any other car) which makes it harder some how for the swirls to come back

It hasn`t been polished for over a year and there are only a few baby swirls in a couple spots near the windscreen.

Prima Hydro - longest lasting WAUD product that I`ve tried and makes waxing my customers cars (the cheaper package) much easier.

prima nero - my favourite petroleum free silky satin interior protectant.

Prima Mystique - a mystifying twin coloured shampoo/conditioner that allowed me to cut down claying to once to twice a year instead of every five washes.

Prima Slick - oh my god how slick is this stuff.

no protection I believe but brings back the just polished slickness like no other product

The rest of the range I have not tried but ASAP I`ll be ordering cut, finish and amigo

3Dog
05-04-2007, 12:01 AM
I would have to Ditto SVR. Prima is not the only product we use but everything in the line is high quality.

shakashaunz
05-04-2007, 02:14 AM
I am local to detailers paradise who supplies the stuff and actually went by there today. He has some interesting products that are coming out and possibly a "super fine" polish which I nabbed a sample of. I love all of their stuff so far. One thing I really like is that all of their polishes are water based with no fillers. You can also work them for quite awhile with zero dusting.

Swirl- a great polish to take out minor defects and is LSP ready. I have had great success using it with either a orange or even a white pad.

Hydro- wax as you dry product. Had streaking problems when used with petes 53 but works great on everything else I tried. Could have been user error as well.

Slick-amazing QD, best I have used so far, leaves a super slick finish.

Nero- Great interior dressing which does not leave a greesey glossy finish.

Clairity-best glass cleaner period......kinda expensive though. I just use it on my weekend car but doesn`t evoporate too quickly and never smears.

Mystique- the BEST car wash ever. I have used almost everything from megs GC and NXT to duragloss to zymol to werkstatt to DP. and have not found anything better. I recently bought a gallon of it and it`s no my go to wash.

Finish-Really fine polish, the swirl took out most defects in my car so this was more of a gloos enhanser for me, left the paint super smooth.

Amigo-Great glaze with good filling capabilities, really great for darker cars. Has good cleaning abilities as well. I`m a huge fan of it because of the durability. Looks great under petes 53 or pinnacle LS.

I haven`t tried the "cut" or their sealant called epic. I`m a big fan of nubas on my cars but I will most likely give their sealent a try some day. If you have a chance give the owner Jeff a call, he;s a great guy who shares the same passion for detailing that we do.

chml17l
05-04-2007, 08:39 AM
Prima Slick - oh my god how slick is this stuff.

no protection I believe but brings back the just polished slickness like no other product

Prima Slick does leave some polymer protection behind and it is a good cleaning qd, too.:wavey