PDA

View Full Version : rain then sun everyday on black

black335
05-03-2007, 06:54 AM
I`m a new member, as well as a new owner of a black 335i. Where I live it rains a little throughout the day with sun in between. I don`t want to be washing my car everyday. What is the best way to care for my car? Is it okay to leave it with rain and sun till at least the weekend, or is there a quick & safe wipe down technique? I`ve been wiping it down briefly when I get home, but it seems like I`m scratching the paint, like I`m wiping the fine debris/dirt into the paint. Help!

joshtpa
05-03-2007, 07:01 AM
It is ok, but you will find some waterspotting. You can get a good QD and when using it, be careful not to spread the debris over the car. Use good MF towels and turn them frequently...Always checking to make sure that you have not picked up anything. You can try Megs #34.

Altec
05-03-2007, 10:26 AM
a nice QD combined with a cople nice thick MF towels will do the trick, just make sure not to bear down on the finish and only wipe the dust off, dont try to buff anything out using only a QD.

clipperfan
05-03-2007, 11:49 AM
I live in seattle and face the same problem. I use ONR in between washes and dry with duragloss. Car always looks like it was just waxed. Just make sure you have a sound foundation underneath. I like the Klasse twins and PB Blue. Beautiful wet shine.

thesacrifice
05-03-2007, 01:29 PM
where do you live? if youre in an area with a lot of acid rain then you`ll have to be hyper vigilant. If you live somewhere far from industrial areas etc you`ll be fine with letting just rain water sit on your car until the weekends.