PDA

View Full Version : New Paint Work

Greg Nichols
05-02-2007, 04:27 PM
Hello,

I tried to search on this topic with no hits. I have a buddy with a NEW car and he wants to increase the gloss and protect it. I ran my hand over the paint and it feels "sticky" and not the normal slick feeling. The color is silver (07 toy tundra)

What would be the least invasive method(s) to meet this buddies needs?

GREG

imported_GregCavi
05-02-2007, 04:30 PM
Hello,

I tried to search on this topic with no hits. I have a buddy with a NEW car and he wants to increase the gloss and protect it. I ran my hand over the paint and it feels "sticky" and not the normal slick feeling. The color is silver (07 toy tundra)

What would be the least invasive method(s) to meet this buddies needs?

GREG

I would give it a good clay. Problem should be solved.

Greg

Accumulator
05-02-2007, 06:30 PM
I too would start with clay, and maybe then do a paintcleaner or some really mild polish (or even a cleaner wax). Specifically, I`d probably use 1z WaxPolishSoft and then apply some wax.

GlossyTundra
05-02-2007, 10:25 PM
Check over at tundrasolutions.com for some great info on tundras there. I even have a few pages of detailing writeups over in the "detail" section.

I would try clay magic clay, Mothers Power Polish, and Duragloss #105 for a great wet looking polish/wax combo that will look great on silver.

David Fermani
05-02-2007, 10:42 PM
After you clay it you could apply Megs #16. I hear from a prior post that it lasts 15 months. :laugh:

GlossyTundra
05-03-2007, 06:08 AM
:wall:hm wow.