PDA

View Full Version : What products/techniques am I not up to date on?

ExplorerXLT95
05-02-2007, 02:11 PM
I will be crucified for what I am about to say: I have not thoroughly detailed either of my cars in a long time. Blasphemy, I know, but at least I am not trying to hide it.

I have been a member since 07-Jun-2002 and I bought the AGTD as soon as I knew it existed. I read and posted quite frequently for about 2 solid years after I joined, and then I gradually fell off. I will say that I still have autopia.org as my IE homepage, so I do at least access the website on a near-daily basis.

To the point: I am now out of touch with what the current "state of the art" is in car detailing and I would like to re-educate myself. For those of you who have been here long enough, imagine that you`re back at your early 2005 mindset, with regards to detailing. That`s where I am.

I`ll list the products/tools I have on-hand (God knows how many of these products are now no-good; all bought from properautocare.com) in hopes that someone will tell me about what has replaced a particular product in terms of "the best" (a very objective term :) ):

- Klass AIO and HGSG

- Pinnacle Souveran

- Menzerna IP, FPII and FTG

- 3M SMR for Dark Colored Paints

- Eimann Fabrik Powerwash+

- Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo

- Pinnacle Poly-clay bar and lubricant

- Pinnacle Crystal Myst QD Spray

- Plexus

- Porsche Tequipment Insect Remover (no, I do not have a Porsche)

- PC 7424 w/ 6" velcro plate (plus tons of white, yellow and black pads; purchased summer 2004)

- Viper MF towels (including 4 `Magic Towels`, plus tons of regular and glass-cleaning towels)

- Big and Little Blue Towels (multiple)

- Stoner`s Invisible Glass

- Meguiar`s Tire Gel

- Meguiar`s All-Purpose Cleaner (diluted and used for engine degreasing, etc)

- Luster Lace and Revitalizer (used for stainless steel exhaust polishing)

- Aerospace 303 Fabric Guard/Protectant

- Lexol Cleaner/Protectant

- Blackfire Interior Detailing Kit

- MF wash-mitt

- Various foam/MF/terry-cloth pads

- Garden Hose water filter (from Garden Hose Filters (http://www.pwgazette.com/gardenhosefilters.htm))

- Eagle One Tire Wet (aerosol)

- Tire swipes (SUV and Car)

- Various horse-hair scrub brushes

I am also interested to see if any new techniques for ANYTHING have evolved. I still remember way back when reading about the "take the nozzle off the hose, turn the water down to a low-to-medium stream and let the water sheet off the car" drying method and how much I absolutely love that technique. Is there anything new that`s come about in this arena since late 2004, early 2005?? If so, I`d love to know.

Thanks in advance!!

joshtpa
05-02-2007, 02:28 PM
Check out OptiSeal...You will be amazed the easy work for such great results...Other than that you have everything you need to jump right in.