PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of MOTHER`s products?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

B@tm@n
05-02-2007, 12:33 PM
What do you think of MOTHER`s products?

BigAl3
05-02-2007, 12:35 PM
i like....

http://www.mothers.com/products/productcatalog/productpics/90007_QuickDetailTowel_sm.jpg http://www.mothers.com/products/productcatalog/productpics/05600-05632-05664_288px.jpg http://www.mothers.com/products/productcatalog/productpics/20324_thumb.jpg

i love the quick detail towel, excellent high quality mf! :2thumbs:

ADHD
05-02-2007, 12:43 PM
u know its funny cuase i just did a customers car that was an older chevy dually..

All he kept saying is how all he uses is mothers and there the best etc etc..

So i gave him the benifit of the doubt and just went along with him..

Well after he left and i go into washing the car I was really impressed with the beading quality especially after he told me he personally waxed was over 3 months ago..

With 3 months of desert sun and hardwater sprinkles hitting it the water still beaded very nicely and looked like it still had a good protection layer on it... I was IMPRESSED!!

I find out it was the Paste California gold carnuba Cleaner Wax!!! Not even the pure carnuba wax! :cooleek:

Kriminal
05-02-2007, 12:49 PM
Funny you should mention that : I used the carnuba liquid wax (which came with the QD kit) for the first time the weekend - the result was truly amazing for such a reasonably priced product.

The QD absolutely annihilated all the tree sap, and oxidation that was left by the previous owner when I bought the car - in one swoop as well.

Good stuff IMO :up

firegate
05-02-2007, 12:59 PM
Mothers Showtime is my favorite OTC QD.

sixty7mustang22
05-02-2007, 01:02 PM
I love some of their products and some of their products I have no use for.

I love their clay kit because the clay lube (Showtime) smells SO good. However, I switched to clay magic because it is $7 cheaper. I can`t justify $7 for a extra small bottle wax I don`t use and a great smell.

As far as I know, their Power Ball and Power Ball Mini is unrivaled. I love the Power Ball Mini.

I also love their Back to Black, Metal Polish and their Chrome Polish.

They have some solid products.

Kriminal
05-02-2007, 01:06 PM
I love some of their products and some of their products I have no use for.

I love their clay kit because the clay lube (Showtime) smells SO good. However, I switched to clay magic because it is $7 cheaper. I can`t justify $7 for a extra small bottle wax I don`t use and a great smell.

As far as I know, their Power Ball and Power Ball Mini is unrivaled. I love the Power Ball Mini.

I also love their Back to Black, Metal Polish and their Chrome Polish.

They have some solid products.

LMAO.....I had a severe sniffing session when I clayed the car with the lube you mentioned. I think the neighbours must`ve thought I had a "line" across the bonnet :D

joshtpa
05-02-2007, 01:07 PM
I love the Back to Black product.

sixty7mustang22
05-02-2007, 01:07 PM
LMAO.....I had a severe sniffing session when I clayed the car with the lube you mentioned. I think the neighbours must`ve thought I had a "line" across the bonnet :D

That`s great. :LOLOL

kkreit01
05-02-2007, 02:45 PM

WM sells the kit for ~$13. Where can you buy a clay kit cheaper? This is what I was planning to pick up. I see the 4 0z. of cleaner wax as an added bonus (freebie).

DM101
05-02-2007, 03:03 PM
i like....

i love the quick detail towel, excellent high quality mf! :2thumbs:

This towel is amazing. Good for detailing and AWESOME for drying off your car after a wash.....

imported_Bence
05-02-2007, 03:40 PM
Agree! All of their towels are excellent, and the products I use from them are great performers too. Reflections produces insanely wet, wonderful results while FX is brighter but just as nice.

Impressively, the old three stepper is awesome as well, with one of the best paint cleaners around and the easiest-to-remove liquid carnauba in my experience.

sixty7mustang22
05-02-2007, 04:08 PM
WM sells the kit for ~$13. Where can you buy a clay kit cheaper? This is what I was planning to pick up. I see the 4 0z. of cleaner wax as an added bonus (freebie).

I get the the Clay Magic kit from AutoZone for $10. AutoZone sells the Mother`s kit for $17 out my way. That cleaner wax isn`t free and it really isn`t useful to me at all. After this last time buying the Clay Magic, I am done buying OTC kits. It is cheaper to buy it by the pound and use ONR as a lube. For professional detailers anyway. For the weekend detailer, I would recommend the Clay Magic kit.

Bunky
05-02-2007, 04:46 PM
Agree! All of their towels are excellent, and the products I use from them are great performers too. Reflections produces insanely wet, wonderful results while FX is brighter but just as nice.

Impressively, the old three stepper is awesome as well, with one of the best paint cleaners around and the easiest-to-remove liquid carnauba in my experience.

Too bad that some of their products are harder to get. The only auto chain I can find that carries Reflections is Pep Boys but not the top coat. Walmart carries Synwax. Most do carry the lower priced waxes, back to black, and the chrome polish.

Al

BigAl3
05-02-2007, 04:51 PM
This towel is amazing. Good for detailing and AWESOME for drying off your car after a wash.....

Agree! All of their towels are excellent

absolutely agree fellas! :2thumbs: