PDA

View Full Version : EagleOne A2Z

SOG35
05-19-2005, 06:13 PM
I have a G35 that gives off crazy amounts of break dust. It forces me to wash rims every single week. Right now I`m using EagleOne A2Z. Is it safe to use this product every week? I really like the fact that its so easy to use.

Boss_429
05-19-2005, 06:25 PM
Done properly it shouldn`t hurt. However, you might want to consider putting on a good polymer sealant to protect the rim and keep the brake dust from sticking so much. I really love PB`s Wheel Sealant for this job. I still get some brake dust (not as much) and what brake dust that is on the wheels washes off with car soap and a mitt/brush.

travisdecpn
05-19-2005, 06:28 PM
It`s probably not the best thing to use weekly, but I have yet to see it do any damage in the long-run. Another approach you may want to take is to use a wheel sealant that will prevent the brake dust from accumulating. Instead of having to use a harsh wheel cleaner on a weekly basis, you can simply use your car wash soultion and an old washmitt.

Guess I was a little late on this one.

SOG35
05-19-2005, 07:48 PM
The thing I don`t get is on the bottle they don`t really give any warning that the product may hurt your rims in the long run. Has anyone ever gotten clearcoat failure by using this type of product every week???

Anyway I thought A2Z (and its grey bottle replacement) was alkaline based, not acid based?

togwt
05-19-2005, 08:38 PM
Something you might want to consider-
Ceramic Disc Pads:
One of the characteristics that make ceramic materials attractive is the absence of noticeable dust. All brake pads produce dust as they wear. The ingredients in ceramic compounds produce a light coloured dust that is much less noticeable and less likely to stick to the wheels. Consequently, wheels and tires maintain a cleaner appearance longer. To avoid brake-generated noise and dust brake friction materials have evolved significantly over the years. They’ve gone from asbestos to organic to semi-metallic formulations. Each of these materials has proven to have advantages and disadvantages regarding environmental friendliness, wear, and noise and stopping capability.

Eagle A2Z have recently changed their formulation (as well as the colour / design of the container) it is now much less acidic hence the warning that you should only let it dwell for a very limited time has been removed.

I would agree with the other posts that a polymer sealant would be a better answer.
JonM

klnyc
05-19-2005, 09:32 PM
Im going test it out the new DP Wheel Glaze this weekend on a `02 Pathfinder.

JaredPointer
05-20-2005, 08:21 AM
I would have to agree with the statements about using some type of sealant on the wheels. At the very least, you might want to try out the Michelin Brake Dust Repellant. It worked better than having nothing on the wheels, and it made the brake dust easier to remove with regular wash solution, which is a plus.

matthiasj
05-20-2005, 09:36 AM
i would put some kind of sealant on the wheels, like PB`s wheel sealant, just in case.