PDA

View Full Version : quick ? about nxt curing and #16 layering

Mungo
05-19-2005, 05:42 PM
This may be a dumb question but I dont know the answer. I am just about done putting on a coat of NXT and I want to follow-up with #16. Do I have to wait the typical 12-24 hrs when I am topping with a carnuaba? I tend to think so but hope not as I would love to top this tonight.

Thanks,
Brendan

Boss_429
05-19-2005, 05:50 PM
I would. :( Almost all LSP products should sit for a while before you touch them with anything.

It won`t hurt anything, but you won`t get the full effect of the NXT... or the #16.

Mungo
05-19-2005, 06:13 PM
Damn! I figured so much. Long story made pretty short: I struggled with IP and FP2 on my black denali last week. Got some of the marring out but not enough. I worked both IP and FP2 over a couple time each section and still no luck. I started with white polishing and then went to a yellow SFX pad. So I gave up and just topped with z5 hoping there would be enough filing to make a little difference. No such luck. I`d used z5 on my patriot blue grand cherokee in the past but color hide marring much better than straight black.

I really like NXT but I was all gung ho to try the new z2pro. came home early from work and washed her all up and then got a really good look at the truck in the setting sun and there was simple too much marring present for z2pro so i just topped with NXt for some additional filling. NXT on top of Z5...imagine that!

I am hoping the 16 will add a little more hiding power. Plan to hit my wife`s carbon metallic (gray) yukon over the next couple days and then give that the z2pro treatment.

Boss_429
05-19-2005, 06:18 PM
I would agree... the NXT will have more hiding ability than Z5... and way more that Z2-Pro. The Pro won`t hide anything... very clear.

The #16 might help hide a little more. However, I would let it sit for at least a few hours and apply another coat of NXT. Also, the NXT paste seems to have a bit more hiding power than the liquid... at least in my opinion.