PDA

View Full Version : Environmentally conscience detail kit?

Pages : [1] 2

shadybreal
05-02-2007, 08:30 AM
I`ve got an opportunity to do some work for a guy who is very very very wealthy, but who is also very very very environmentally conscience. He owns a huge company that develops land for commercial businesses. I did an employee of his car and she said he would love the idea of washing a car w/ only 2 gallons or less of water usage. He`s currently out of town (house in Israel), but wants me to do his car when he returns. This could be turn out to be a very profitable venture for me and I would love some advice on what product line to use that is the most environmentally conscience. I`m not sure what type of car it is, but I willing to bet it`s a hybird fueled vehicle. I currently use DP 4 and 1 for my rinseless washes, but was thinking of going all Optimum for his car. I have the Poli-seal already and a little OP. Are their (optimum) dressing and other products okay for the environment too? Thanks!

brwill2005
05-02-2007, 08:32 AM
I would use Optimim Car Wax as it does not contain any petoleum solvents. Poli-Seal does contain some petroleum solvents. Optimum`s dressings are also environmentally friendly, as is 303 protectant.

EOppie
05-02-2007, 08:37 AM
ONR would be a definite as well as it uses no rinse water!

shadybreal
05-02-2007, 08:47 AM
I would use Optimim Car Wax as it does not contain any petoleum solvents. Poli-Seal does contain some petroleum solvents. Optimum`s dressings are also environmentally friendly, as is 303 protectant.

Thanks! I love you business name too. Mine is Reflections Mobile Detailing, "The Car Wash that Comes to You!"

Scottwax
05-02-2007, 08:50 AM
Optimum specifically markets their products to the enviromentally conscious through eco-green.

imported_Steelth
05-02-2007, 09:00 AM
Optimum and Swissol/Zymol are all eco-friendly

shadybreal
05-02-2007, 09:00 AM
Optimum specifically markets their products to the enviromentally conscious through eco-green.

Would you care to elaborate on eco-green? Thanks Scott, I was hoping to hear from you on this post. Do you have a contact at Optimum that I can call for more information on this?

brwill2005
05-02-2007, 09:04 AM
Thanks! I love you business name too. Mine is Reflections Mobile Detailing, "The Car Wash that Comes to You!"

Thanks. I am glad you like it.

r_wain
05-02-2007, 09:47 AM
This is what Scott was talking about.

Eco Car Care - Ecologically Safe (http://www.ecocarcare.net/index.php)

It is where I got some of my supplies.

Integra81
05-02-2007, 10:30 AM
You may want to consider Eco Touch Waterless Car Care (http://www.ecotouch.net)- non-toxic, biodegradable, petrochemical-free. Good stuff.

Scottwax
05-02-2007, 11:46 AM
Would you care to elaborate on eco-green? Thanks Scott, I was hoping to hear from you on this post. Do you have a contact at Optimum that I can call for more information on this?

You can contact David through Optimum`s home page. I don`t think his orignal intent when he started Optimum Polymer Technologies was to appeal to enviromentally minded people but he recognizes that there is a huge untapped market with respects to car care and greenies.

No Rinse is a great way to wash a car using very little water and both dressings (interior and tires) are water based.

bronze2006
05-02-2007, 11:53 AM
I think Simple Green is biodegradable for an APC...

shadybreal
05-02-2007, 11:57 AM
I think Simple Green is biodegradable for an APC...

Thanks for input. I was wondering what my options were for APC. Hopefully I can use SG to clean any scuffs or stains in carpets.

thejaredhuang
05-03-2007, 07:48 PM
I`ve got Simple Green and its great, but remember you need to rinse it off well.

natebood
05-03-2007, 07:55 PM
Poorboy`s APC is bio-degradable as well.