PDA

View Full Version : Klasse AIO Topped With Collonite 845?

Crusader101
04-30-2007, 11:38 PM
I have been impressed with the Klasse AIO but not as impressed with the SG. My car is charcoal blue with 24 year old original paint. I have read good things here regarding the durability of Collonite 845 and wondered what your thoughts were on applying over the Klasse AIO. Will there be a compatibility issue? I am looking for more depth than I experienced with the SG which, at least to my eye, produces a nice shine but is somewhat "plastic" in nature.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

norcal450
05-01-2007, 02:18 AM
good question, id like to know this as well. i also like klasse AIO but could use a more durable LSP then the p21s im using. this is because its being applied on my new daily driver that is kept outside.

so how bout it experts...collonite 845 on top of klasse AIO?

imported_smprince1
05-01-2007, 05:39 AM
845 on top of AIO is a winner. In fact, AIO serves as a great prep and base for most LSP`s, sealant or carnauba. Just try it.

BigJimZ28
05-01-2007, 06:04 AM
yes that will work out great

I prefer AIO, SG, 845

it will give you the look you want and be very durable

cybercath
05-01-2007, 06:43 AM
I used 845 on top of AIO about two months ago and the results were fantastic. I used it on a friend`s car that is driven daily and not garage kept. I saw the car the other day and it still looks and feels great :bigups

3puttjay
05-01-2007, 12:25 PM
I haven`t used Klasse AIO as a base, but just put 2 layers of 845 on top of a freshly washed and clayed car. I`ve gotten it to last for about 5 months on my car which sits outside. It has gone through the winter without anything other than an occasional washing. I love this stuff. I`m getting my buddy to fix some scratches and swirls this time before I put the collinite on. I`ve gone ahead and got the FK 425 QD so that dust doesn`t settle on my car as much. It does work but you need to reapply after every car wash.

imported_The Uncle
05-01-2007, 12:41 PM
845 on top of AIO is a winner. In fact, AIO serves as a great prep and base for most LSP`s, sealant or carnauba. Just try it.

While I agree that AIO is a great base for lots of LSP`s, I have often wondered why. The way most users apply AIO, it is more of a cleaner than a base coat. So, I think that what may be happening is that AIO prepares the car by getting the paint nice and clean, and that facilitates use of most LSPs.

imported_Yal
05-01-2007, 01:47 PM
I use this combo for winter. Its awesome.

imported_smprince1
05-01-2007, 01:52 PM
While I agree that AIO is a great base for lots of LSP`s, I have often wondered why. The way most users apply AIO, it is more of a cleaner than a base coat. So, I think that what may be happening is that AIO prepares the car by getting the paint nice and clean, and that facilitates use of most LSPs.

I agree, it is a great cleaner and that is part of the equation. But, I also believe it leaves some acrylic protection behind .... so that is what I was referring to as a "base":nixweiss

imported_The Uncle
05-01-2007, 08:50 PM
I agree, it is a great cleaner and that is part of the equation. But, I also believe it leaves some acrylic protection behind .... so that is what I was referring to as a "base":nixweiss

You may be right, Smprince1, and I hope it did not appear that I was being critical of your post. I`m just SPECULATING that the nice response I keep having with just about anything on top of AIO may have more to do with the cleaning then the acrylic protection. BUT, again, this is pure speculation.

imported_smprince1
05-01-2007, 08:54 PM
You may be right, Smprince1, and I hope it did not appear that I was being critical of your post. I`m just SPECULATING that the nice response I keep having with just about anything on top of AIO may have more to do with the cleaning then the acrylic protection. BUT, again, this is pure speculation.

Agree again.:laugh: It`s all good ... or all-in-one good.

imported_The Uncle
05-01-2007, 09:02 PM
Agree again.:laugh: It`s all good ... or all-in-one good.

:har: