PDA

View Full Version : hazing/micro-marring question

scholar
04-30-2007, 02:21 PM
Not sure if it is. Did a detail a couple of days ago and only noticed it yesterday. The best i can describe it is they look like very,very,very fine scratches/swirls. My process was the following:

IP w/ Orange LC Pad (spread at 3.5 and jacked up to 5 until almost gone)

Optimum Polish w/ White LC Pad (same process as above)

PB NattyBlue with Meguiars foam pad

Is this process ok or do I need to use a Menzerna Polish (FP2/P085RD) to get better results? welcome any critique or suggestions to get better results.

Thanks all.

stiffdogg06
04-30-2007, 02:29 PM
It looks like a good process. You`d get better polish looks if you followed IP with FPII.

But the process/pad combo looks good and shouldn`t cause marring.

But what could cause you to make this "micromarring" could possibly be moving TOO FAST with the polisher and/or not working the product in long enough.

I always like to follow my polishes up with a cleaner, especially Jeff Werkstatt Prime line up. I love this stuff on soft clear coats that micromar easily. Cleans the hazing beautifully!:woot2:

Make sure you apply and remove the wax in the shade on a COOL part of the car. If not, you could cause "SMEARING." But that will eventually wash off.

Good Luck

- Andrew

xinkid
04-30-2007, 02:32 PM
There are several possiblities

your paint could be too soft for OP to finish down without micro marring

You may not have broken down OP fully which has two further possibilities

you used too much OP

you didn`t work it long enough

both mistakes I have made myself with OC, which I heard is very similar to OP. But the difference was that OC would never finish down perfect on my SS paint no matter how little I used or how long I worked it. It got better and better but never perfect.

I don`t really think OP would be a good followup to IP. FP2 is probably a better choice. But you could try OP again using very little. I believe Bence once showed a picture of 3 tiny dots on a primed pad as the amount he uses. You may also want to turn the PC to 6 to help break down the OP faster. That polish has a super long working time but it`s hard to get it right.. for me anyway..

scholar
04-30-2007, 03:11 PM
thanks, guys.

I figured they were marrings. regarding the OP, yes, I only worked it in at the same amount of time as IP (not too fast), although I knew it had a longer working time..i thought that meant I could just stay longer working it in not actually "have to" work it in longer. you live and learn I guess. this gives me more reason to get FP2 or the famed 85RD, which is what I should`ve gotten from the get-go (slamming head on a wall)

thanks again for the input, guys!!

scholar
04-30-2007, 06:14 PM
last question, can I go straight to polishing (after a wash, of course) or do I need to re-apply IP?

thanks again...

stiffdogg06
04-30-2007, 08:33 PM
Intensive Polish is strictly a POLISH. It removes scratches and such and doesn`t leave a coat of protection...

To answer your question, yes if you have washed and then clayed your car, you can go straight to polishing.