PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy foam applicator? (In retail store)

imported_Need4Spd
04-30-2007, 12:32 PM
I was using Meguiar`s foam pads from Walmart to apply Zaino and other polishes with really good result. (Yes, I know many prefer the cotton applicators for Zaino, but not me..).

Well, walked into Walmart yesterday and found that they no longer seem to carry the cheap 2pk I was using before. Tried a second Walmart, too.. and nothing. Pepboys and Autozone were no good either..

Are there any other foam applicators that are good to use that I can buy at the store? Perhaps at Target? I need the applicator asap and can`t wait for an internet order to ship.. Pepboys had Turtle Wax foam pads.. are they okay?

My paint is literally flawless from all the work I did previously (and after using OP with my PC, I DID use the Meguiars Foam Pads...), so I`m really concerned about this.

More importantly, I guess the question is this: Are all foam applicators created equal?

Thanks!

joshtpa
04-30-2007, 01:00 PM
Most walmarts carry a 3 pack for about 2 bucks and one of them is a foam applicator.

imported_Need4Spd
04-30-2007, 02:10 PM
Thanks, but that doesn`t really answer my question. I know I can get a foam applicator ANYWHERE.. but trusting the product on my car is a whole other story.

I`ve never heard of these applicators at Walmart. My issue was that I was very comfortable with the Meguiar`s foam app`s as they did a great job .. I`m looking for another brand of over the counter foam applicator pads that can be trusted just the same.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

joshtpa
04-30-2007, 02:25 PM
They work just fine. The same as the Megs ones. Go directly to the Megs website. They still had them there last time I checked.

BlueLibby04
04-30-2007, 02:47 PM
They went on sale at walmart not long ago and they do not have them anymore. I bought just about all that my walmart had.. :)

There was a thread about it around here somewhere.

Mr.H
04-30-2007, 02:55 PM
I hate that walmart quit carrying those applicators. I picked up some Mothers foam/microfiber pads at Fred Meyer yesterday for 2.39 for two after 20% off. Theres a PBE store here that has a 4 or 6 pack of the Meguiar`s pads, but they are always expensive and stock is always super old. You might try the PBE stores.