PDA

View Full Version : OS grabby?

74 thing
04-29-2007, 09:27 PM
I received my OS and put on a coat today. I was using a yellow foam pad to apply and noticed that it kind of grabbed the applicator when I applied it. Other LSPs seem to go on nice and easy. The final outcome was great but I was concerned if I was doing something wrong or is this the norm. Thanks.

kleraudio
04-29-2007, 09:31 PM
I used a little bit today and it wasnt grabby at all? has your paint been clayed? Also did you prime the foam pad prior to using it on your paint?

Cant understand why it would be grabby?

Interesting....

Jim

74 thing
04-29-2007, 10:49 PM
It was a new pad. I sprayed it with two sprays of OS to prime it. Should I have used a QD or something instead or just two sprays and then spray some on a panel and spread out? I was wondering what your procedure is.

PhaRO
04-29-2007, 10:57 PM
I`ve noticed on a few cars that I have applied OS to that it may be grabby depending on what is on the car protection wise. On second applications it didn`t seem to do that. Also on areas that I overlapped I wouldn`t notice it.

Scottwax
04-29-2007, 11:18 PM
Usually once the pad has product out to the edges it doesn`t grab anymore.

joshtpa
04-30-2007, 06:31 AM
I did not notice anything grabby about it when I have used it. One spray on the pad and one-two sprays per panel.

DM101
04-30-2007, 07:06 AM
It seems grabby to me also. I think when it starts to dry on your pad it becomes grabby. Change to a new pad. Good observation.

kleraudio
04-30-2007, 04:15 PM
Yea thats weird, i didnt have that problem when i used it. Just make sure your paint is prepped well and it should be ok. If not, I would just change pads.

oh, and prime it with one spray of opti seal.

Jim

stanger
04-30-2007, 09:44 PM
The 1st coat i applies was very grabby using the yellow pad so much that i lost it out of my hand and it hit the ground, so then I had to prime a new applicator. The next day I put on a 2nd coat and it wasn`t grabby.

stanger

Hey, Moe!
04-30-2007, 10:49 PM
OS seems to evaporate pretty quickly. Therefore, once I hit a panel with a spray, I work fast to spread it out, which seems to help.

And, as Scottwax said, if you have product out to the edge of the pad, that will help you glide through.

Haven`t done a second application yet, so I don`t know about that.

thesacrifice
05-03-2007, 02:56 PM
just tried OS and found it to be grabby too, product wasnt even on the car for more than 10 seconds before it started to grab