PDA

View Full Version : Carpet Dye?

Paulie Walnuts
04-29-2007, 06:29 PM
Do they make a product for carpet dye? I had a gallon of bleach on on the floor in the Maxima when I had to slam on the brakes and it hit the seat and snapped the cap. I have about 4 spots the size of a silver dollar that are now white. They can be covered with floor mats but I would like to not have that obvious of spots.

bsdsys
04-29-2007, 06:31 PM
I do not have any experience yet with carpet dyes but a very interesting process for sure and will be trying it later on down the road but TOL has some carpet dying systems available that might be a good place to start. Good luck and post some before/after pics if you have a camera.

Bryan

xtremekustomz
04-29-2007, 06:36 PM
If I`m not mistaken you can use SEM coat to die carpet. I used it to do my visors in my truck. Check at the SEM website and make sure before you buy any though.

David Fermani
04-29-2007, 08:45 PM
Alot of times when bleach is spilled on carpet, it will actualy make the carpet fall off of the backing. I`ve really only seen it in large areas, so you might be in luck. The problem with spray painting carpet is that it doesn`t last, it makes the area very dry/brittle and doesn`t match the original color too good. Look into a liquid dye, it`s much more effective and easier to use.