PDA

View Full Version : question about zymol vintage glaze

Pages : [1] 2

Saleenfan
04-29-2007, 05:03 PM
i know you get lifetime refills but how often can you refill it? or isnt there a limit?

imported_DieselMDX
04-29-2007, 05:10 PM
i dont think there is a limit all you have to do is pay for shipping.

there might be a stipulation for businesses tho

Altec
04-29-2007, 05:16 PM
there shouldnt be a limit for $2K

lambostealth
04-29-2007, 06:00 PM
^werd (must put more in message)

velobard
04-29-2007, 09:17 PM
I`m confident they would raise some kind of protest if you were sending it back for weekly refills, but there are professionals who use it on a regular basis and refill as needed.

bsdsys
04-29-2007, 09:36 PM
Wow, I have heard good things about zymol but nothing in the world would cause me to buy a wax for 2k, even if they did give me free refills for a year. It is a year not lifetime right? If free lifetime refills, it`s a good product meaning it does what i want, bonds to other products I enjoy using besides zymol and I had that much demand for free "lifetime" refills then I would consider it. Just my opinion on this one but let me do a little math here and im sure everyones daily/weekly detailing schedule will be different but this is just a ballpark figure

3 cars a day that get a "wax" job. Just speaking on the wax part of the detail nothing else that has been done to the car. If you was to use P21S or Natty`s Paste wax I am more than confident you could easily get months worth of wax jobs done with their products and that`s doing 3 a day. say 2-3 months.

ok lets say 2

12 months in a year divided by 2, that is 6. so you would have to buy again 6 times a year. We will say it is $21.00 bucks for either wax, just picking a number here basically and that would end up being $126.00 a year.

So, $2,000.00 minus $126.00 is $1,874. Hmm.. You do the math even with different numbers and alot more amount of waxes done through out a year and I still see is just as good if not better considering I haven`t used it but still can`t find a reason to justify the initial price even with the free refills.

Altec
04-29-2007, 10:10 PM
its a lifetime...

MoeMistry
04-30-2007, 11:43 AM
Hi guys. The wax is refillable on demand for life. It`s not tranferrable to anyone else. I`ve had mine for about 2 years now and have done about 70 applications and it`s still about half full. Once the wax is gone, you ship it to zymol and then pay for the shipping. That`s it. If you think $2K is bad, I`m getting Royale next month, $7118. For a detailer it`s worth it because you`ll make your money back after a few details. I`ll let you guys know how it turns out.

SpoiledMan
04-30-2007, 12:09 PM
Eh, how much do you charge for a detail???

the other pc
04-30-2007, 12:33 PM
bsdsys_x86,

The flaw in your example isn’t the math, it’s the marketing.

Pros who use Zymol Vintage Glazes aren’t treating it as just another bulk chemical. They’re getting customers because the customers perceive it as an “ultra premium†service and they’re charging accordingly.

Look at MoeMistry’s numbers. If he gets 140 details from a $2k jar that’s less than $15 per car, even without refills. Customers expect to pay an awful lot more than an extra 15 bucks for an “ultra premium†process.

From an operations perspective, the material cost of Zymol shouldn’t really be an issue. It’s the labor cost, the extra time and effort to apply the stuff by hand the way they recommend that would really kill you. But again, you charge according.

For an individual user, well, that`s up to them what they want to pay and how much work they are willing to do. To each his own

PC.

MoeMistry
04-30-2007, 12:43 PM
bsdsys_x86,

The flaw in your example isn’t the math, it’s the marketing.

Pros who use Zymol Vintage Glazes aren’t treating it as just another bulk chemical. They’re getting customers because the customers perceive it as an “ultra premium†service and they’re charging accordingly.

Look at MoeMistry’s numbers. If he gets 140 details from a $2k jar that’s less than $15 per car. Customers expect to pay an awful lot more than an extra 15 bucks for an “ultra premium†process.

From an operations perspective, the material cost of Zymol shouldn’t really be an issue. It’s the labor cost, the extra time and effort to apply the stuff by hand the way they recommend that would really kill you. But again, you charge according.

For an individual user, well, that`s up to them what they want to pay and how much they work they are willing to do. To each his own

PC.

Excellent logic PC. Who cares what something costs to make or how much it is to buy. At the end of the day, you`re paying for something that`s going to bring you a feeling of pleasure, perceived value, ego, etc. It takes me 2 days to do a Vintage detail and it costs the client anywhere between $800-1200. I`m 29 and am growing this business to be here for many decades to come. I`m not going to always be a one-man show. To grow, i need qualified detailers. That will cost me $$. I need to take care of them so that they can care for their family; that costs $$. I`ve thought this out for the future and not for the present. My clients understand that. My margins right now will not be the same when I hire someone. But instead of raising prices to be able to pay for an employee, I`ve got the price set now and the extra money helps me grow and I reinvest it into the biz. My clients get that and I can still grow and produce excellent work. I hope this hits home with all the other detailers starting out.

imported_steveo3002
04-30-2007, 01:06 PM
is it true a refill can take up to 4 months to process?

MoeMistry
04-30-2007, 01:29 PM
is it true a refill can take up to 4 months to process?

I`ve never heard it taking that long. It all depends on the production. Vintage and Royale aren`t things that sit on the shelf too long at Zymol. They produce enough to keep a stock on hand and when an influx of orderes come in, they produce more. Right now the wait is about a week. During high demand times, it may take 2-3 weeks. But not months.

joshtpa
04-30-2007, 01:30 PM
My next door neighbor uses it, and he is waiting now 3 weeks to get his. He says it usually takes about a month.

ConglomrationAL
04-30-2007, 01:41 PM
Well it does have to go over to Europe, doesn`t it?