PDA

View Full Version : Does Poorboys PWS sufficiently clean paint to apply an LSP?

brig2221
04-29-2007, 01:53 PM
Does Poorboys PWS(Polish with Sealant) sufficiently clean paint to apply an LSP?

I ask this question because I just dropped $70 on a tub of Souveran Paste Wax, and the instructions explicitly state that you only want to apply after the paint has been cleaned.

I own a 2007 Honda Accord, Nighthawk Black, and I recently had the car professionally detailed (swirl removing and sealant put on) about a month ago. I have introduced a few new swirls since then, but the paint still looks relatively good, and I wash it once a week.

My question is, if I apply a coat of Poorboys PWS with my PC 7424 and a polishing pad, will that clean the paint sufficiently enough to get the most out of Souveran? Also, can I assume that the PWS will remove any previously laid sealants and products?

All comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: Also, I use the Edge 2K foam pad system for my PC. I have the White Polishing Pad, Blue Finishing Pad, and the Green Medium/Light Cut pad. Just curious what others out there feel would be the best pad to use with Poorboys PWS. Thanks!

kleraudio
04-29-2007, 02:27 PM
Yea PWS will clean your paint and have it ready for LSP. I just wouldnt use it every time you want to lay down a new LSP because there are some abrasives in it. They are very mild abrasives but still, I would just use a dedicated paint cleaner or a 1:1 dilution of water and rubbing alcohol if you want to remove old products.

Also, PWS will leave behind a sealant as well, Im not sure ifyou want that or not, it wont hurt, but if you only want to see the Souveran, I would just do the water/alcohol mixture. That way your LSP ready w/ nothing underneath the Souveran.

Jim

firegate
04-29-2007, 03:01 PM
Edit: Also, I use the Edge 2K foam pad system for my PC. I have the White Polishing Pad, Blue Finishing Pad, and the Green Medium/Light Cut pad. Just curious what others out there feel would be the best pad to use with Poorboys PWS. Thanks!

FYI, the Blue is the polishing pad (although lighter than most polishing pads) and the white is the finishing pad. I`d use the Blue to apply PWS - makes a good base for Souveran IMO.