PDA

View Full Version : Aqupel

Pages : [1] 2

KnuckleBuckett
04-29-2007, 08:46 AM
I use Rain-X. I like it. I have never had any issues with it.

However...it wears very very quickly.

Has anyone used the "new" Aquapel product by PPG?

If so what was your experience especially in comparison to Rain-X? Worth the extra cost and trouble?

Thanks!!

mikebai1990
04-29-2007, 09:23 AM
Those who have used it have noted much better durability compared to Rain-X, and it`s probably worth the time and money. I personally just use wax on the windshield.

KnuckleBuckett
04-29-2007, 03:37 PM
Cool.

I used to do that bu noticed that as it scratched I got a whitish sheen as the wipers swept across the glass. Probably modern waxes don`t do this anymore. I have also heard that rainsensong windshields can get messed up when waxed? Have you noticed any difference in the rainsense?

BlueLibby04
04-29-2007, 04:57 PM
My parents Jeep says not to use Rain-X as it can mess with the rain-sensing wipers. Im not sure why that would mess them up. Ive yet to use Rain-x in that Jeep but I will try it someday to see what happens.

KnuckleBuckett
04-29-2007, 05:02 PM
My Lexus shows no difference in rain sensing ability with or without Rain-X. I don`t think it matters.

Who applied the Aquapel for them?

BuckNaked_540i
04-30-2007, 07:15 PM
I had Aquapel applied by Delta Sonic (car wash chain) Feb 5th, and Buffalo winters are extremely harsh... April is around the corner and the effects are still noticeable. I will need a bit of windshield work done before the next application, chips and general sandblasting rubbed out, but for the $20 it was well worth it. I will be apllying it myself next time.

I give Aquapel a big thumbs up.

KnuckleBuckett
04-30-2007, 07:33 PM
Hey thanks! Good to know!

bad venge
04-30-2007, 09:02 PM
I thought Aquapel was a ZEP product ..... Thats where I got mine from

Ben Kenobi
04-30-2007, 09:40 PM
Aquapel is not a new product. It`s been around for a while now. I`ve been using it a few years now and love it. Rain-X is good but this lasts much longer. It is not a ZEP product, it`s made by PPG. I saw it last week for sale at CarQuest. The clerk said it was around $8.00. You can find it cheaper on eBay, I also bought some Visionblade by STP which is the same stuff. PPG made it for them, it`s applicator is blue rather than the Aquapel white. If you work quickly you might be able to do the entire car with the one unit.

metropolitandet
04-30-2007, 10:50 PM
Aquapel is much much better than Rain-X. Aquapel also helps lubricate your wiper blades so they don`t start to chatter, unlike Rain-X which can cause that problem.

noooorb
04-30-2007, 10:54 PM
Two thumbs up from me too. I`ve had it on for around 4 months now and the effects are still visible.

derekbmw
04-30-2007, 11:42 PM
Probably the best product to apply on windshield.

Mobilejay
05-01-2007, 12:10 AM
wow you paid $20 for the whole car or just the windshield? Either way I think I`m going to add it to my collection and charge $20, thats a nice mark up. Here in houston I think a lot of people would go for it cause the weather sucks here.

imported_jaobrien6
05-01-2007, 12:27 AM
Aquapel is not a new product. It`s been around for a while now. I`ve been using it a few years now and love it.

The "new" comment threw me, I was wondering if there was a new formulation or something.

I personally love aquapel, it lasts far, far longer than RainX, doesn`t streak at all, and is very easy to apply. It`s a little pricey (I usually pay about $6 on ebay, per applicator), but it lasts 6 months easy... and this isn`t like how some waxes last 6 moths on a garage queen. This stuff lasts an honest 6 months in the Pacific NW where I use my wipers a lot, at least in the winter. I normally only use it on the front and rear windows (I have a rear wiper, too), and I use RainX on the side windows, mirrors, and sunroof. Those surfaces don`t seem to get the same amount of wear, and I find I can`t do the entire car with one aquapel applicator. Rather than using 2 applicators per vehicle, i just use the much cheaper RainX.

KnuckleBuckett
05-01-2007, 05:22 AM
Is it easily applied? Any application advice?