PDA

View Full Version : What type of wash mitt do you use???

Pages : [1] 2

max080
05-18-2005, 08:06 PM
Just wondering what type of wash mitt / sponge everyone uses??? Should I get the sheepskin, cotton, or microfiber wash mitt?

rabbi
05-18-2005, 08:07 PM
IMHO I`d go sheepskin.

LastDetail
05-18-2005, 08:14 PM
I use a microfiber myself, however if the vehicle is REALLY dirty sometimes the MF mit has some trouble getting all of the dirt off. If that is the case I will usually step up to the sheepskin, but usually only if the car really needs it. Sheepskin IMHO is able to introduce some new swirls to the finish.

GregCavi
05-18-2005, 08:29 PM
i have a couple huge plush mitts from www.adamspolishes.com They are 11" i really like that they hold alot of water.

Greg

CharlesW
05-18-2005, 08:41 PM
Sheepskin from Wal*Mart. Euro or Eurow was the brand.

Charles

NYV6Coupe
05-18-2005, 09:58 PM
I second what Charles said

LikeaRock
05-18-2005, 10:32 PM
I`ve got a chienelle (sp) and a Sheepskin too. I like the Sheepskin better due to the ease of cleaning it, drying it, and the amount of water/suds it can hold while washing!

Mr. Clean
05-18-2005, 10:42 PM
I don`t discriminate. I use most of them. :cool Yeah, that`s right, I`ve got chinille pads (no mitts), sheepskin mitts, sponges (synthetic and sea). They all work OK. Though the sheepskin are the most problematic -- matting, falling apart, and sometimes smelling.

PhaRO
05-18-2005, 11:46 PM
Automagic Wash Mitts whatever they carry. Anyone ever use one of the Boars Hair Brushes like TOL sells? Seems like a good idea just not sure I want to drop $50 on the idea.

matthiasj
05-19-2005, 12:59 AM
i use a MF sponge i got from Autozone, i wash it after every car wash, it works great

The Chee
05-19-2005, 02:50 AM
I love SM Arnold sheepskin mitt I got from PAC, still using it since last last year, good stuff I must say (shame that I lost one the sheepskin mitt to a few naughty puppies, it was completely destroyed) :bye

JaredPointer
05-19-2005, 07:57 AM
Sheepskin wash mitts - I use more than one during the wash. I am surprised BillD hasn`t chimed in on this yet, but when you are picking them up at the store, pick them very carefully and only get the cleanest/plushest ones. :)

CharlesW
05-19-2005, 09:02 AM
Sheepskin wash mitts - I use more than one during the wash. :)Very good point on the "more than one mitt" comment. A lot of people talk about the "two bucket" wash system of using one for soap/water and one for rinsing the mitt,and it is a good practice, but...
A separate bucket and wash mitt for the wheels, wheel wells and under the lower body is something I can`t imagine not using. My wheel bucket and mitt are never used on the main body of the vehicle and the body bucket and mitt never get used on the wheels.

Charles

JaredPointer
05-19-2005, 09:14 AM
Very good point on the "more than one mitt" comment. A lot of people talk about the "two bucket" wash system of using one for soap/water and one for rinsing the mitt,and it is a good practice, but...
A separate bucket and wash mitt for the wheels, wheel wells and under the lower body is something I can`t imagine not using. My wheel bucket and mitt are never used on the main body of the vehicle and the body bucket and mitt never get used on the wheels.

Charles

Exactly Charles!! I have a mitt dedicated for wheels, one for upper body panels (usually the newest mitt in rotation), and one dedicated to rocker panels, etc. (usually the demoted upper body panel mitt). I must admit that I didn`t think that up all by myself though. It was actually you or BillD that gave me the idea from a post a long time ago. :)

The Chee
05-19-2005, 10:40 AM
Jared, what kinda sheepskin mitts do you use? How long do you use before replacing?

Cheers

Chee