PDA

View Full Version : AARRGGGHHH.....can it get any worse?

xtremekustomz
04-28-2007, 04:41 PM
Ok, to start off with, I got out Wedensday and got my truck polished and pretty much got all the swirls out of the paint. Thursday, of course, it storms and I have to drive my truck 60 miles one way and leave it overnight to have a rhinolining put in it. I get up there and they had used a double sided tape on the top of the bedrails to tape the rest of the truck off from the inside of the bed. When they were pulling the tape off, it pulled off the paint with it. It also did this on the top of the tailgate. It hasn`t been but maybe a month since I painted it and I`m pretty sure the guy knew that. I though they used masking take to do it but double sided tape?? And it isn`t the weak tape, I think it was a 3M or something like that that was thick. On top of that, I get out today and I am cleaning up the truck and notice that either the cleaning solution that they used got on the side of the bedsides or either it is some form of overspray. And last but not least, this is the first time I`ve really been able to get down and clean my wheels and I find out that I have red overspray all over them from when I was working on my truck at a friends shop and someone didn`t cover them back up before painting a red truck. Oh, and on top of that, I now have more swirls from washing the truck. Just been a wonderful day!!! I got all the overspray off of the wheels and all but I don`t know what to do about the stuff on the bedsides. I know I can get it off but it shouldn`t be there in the first place. What do you think I should do about the paint and overspray?? Shouldn`t the company that did it be liable?