PDA

View Full Version : What`s your favorite detailing step?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Boss_429
05-18-2005, 07:16 PM
Is it washing your vehicle?
Possibly it is cleaning the paint?
How about claying the paint?
Maybe polishing the paint?
Perhaps cleaning the interior?
Could it be applying your LSP?
It`s not cleaning the engine compartment... is it?
Can`t be cleaning the tires and rims... or can it?
Or some other step?

Anyhow, I use to really love doing a final polish to burnish the paint or a fine glaze to bring up the gloss (and still do). However, as I`ve gotten older, doing that final QD several hours after a coat of a great LSP that "finishes it off" is my favorite step. :D

So, I guess that means, that my favorite step is "almost being done"! :lmfao

What about you... what`s your favorite step?

GregCavi
05-18-2005, 07:32 PM
Applying BSG , Applying TS over the BSG, but my favorite is pulling the car outside and seeing it all done!!

Greg

audiboy
05-18-2005, 07:33 PM
I would have to say that my favorite step is claying. That little bar of clay always amazes me with the cleaning power it has.

klnyc
05-18-2005, 07:39 PM
Rotary on a 9" wool pad w/Merzena PowerGloss on a swirls from hell car :bigups

doublel
05-18-2005, 07:48 PM
Honestly my favorite part is putting my little package on the seat after I am done. The packet includes before and after pictures on 8 1/2 * 11 glossy photo paper, a little gift (either a mf towel, or chennile mitt), a little brochure for maintaining your freshly detailed car, my business card, price list and last but not least the INVOICE. :bigups

awd330
05-18-2005, 08:23 PM
My favorite steps are polishing, QDing, and dressing tires. My least favorites are carpet/upholstery cleaning and interior windows.

rabbi
05-18-2005, 08:25 PM
Applying my topper whether it`s a sealant,wax or qd. THEN pulling out into the sun.BLING ! BLING !BLING !

zesty-man
05-18-2005, 08:39 PM
to tell you the truth, i think my favorite part of all is now claying. before it used to be waxing or polshing, but claying is a lot of fun. i think anyone can polish and wax, but a lot less people know what claying is, and the benefits of it. its what seperates the boys from the men :). i love how it makes your car soooo smooth like no other.

Big Mike
05-18-2005, 09:02 PM
I`ve never detailed before, but I`m going to do it for the first time tomorrow or Friday, so can I speculate what my favorite step will be? I`m most excited about polishing (I`m going with pure polish Meg`s #7 Show Car Glaze), so I anticipate that being my favorite step. I`ll post to let you know if it actually is!

jpzapata
05-18-2005, 09:29 PM
I know this sounds crazy but I love to dress the wheel wells after I am done dressing everything up. My customers allways get crazy after seeing the diference it makes. Tale a look :naughty

91LSMAN
05-18-2005, 09:39 PM
Those of you that have seen some of my pics will get this...

Looking at my reflection when I`m done. :hah :)

G35stilez
05-18-2005, 09:40 PM
Believe it or not, dressing the tires/wells and cleaning insides of rims (my new pet peeve).

jpzapata
05-18-2005, 09:41 PM
I know this sounds crazy but I love to dress the wheel wells after I am done dressing everything up. My customers allways get crazy after seeing the diference it makes. Tale a look :naughty

Sorry guys but could not load a pic so here is the link

http://www.millenniumdetailing.com/images/HPIM0028.JPG

bigron62
05-18-2005, 09:42 PM
for me it is the polish that really makes the job ... P&S ultra coat polish really puts the bling on a freshly clayed paint job .. then the wax is my second choice .. finishing touch

MS22
05-18-2005, 09:55 PM
I am one of the few who find their interior work (capret/dash/leather/headliner) to be very pleasing. People rarely notice the paint to the extent that we when it comes to swirls and imperfections but I always get compliments about interior work.