PDA

View Full Version : Product Slickness

Darren F
04-28-2007, 09:34 AM
Yesterday I used XMT360, then topped it with Souveran Spray wax...Car looked great, felt nice and slick. This morning I went over the car with Poorboys Spray and Wipe to get the layer of dust off the car from it sitting with the thought of trying out my new Optimum Opti Seal. Unfortunately I didnt have enough time to use the OS since I had to be at work by 9. So now im checking over my car and it looks great but it seems to have lost that nice slick feel from yesterday. Is it possible that it lost its slickness from the Spray and Wipe? Or is it something else?

Mach30SiR
04-28-2007, 09:39 AM
I`d say yes. When i spray AW over UPP it seems to lose a little slickness, but nothing i`m too worried about since i love that combo.

joshtpa
04-28-2007, 10:01 AM
I would agree. Each time you add something, something is going to be taken away.

Darren F
04-28-2007, 10:55 AM
so by taking away from the slickness is it taking away from the gloss and protection also?

joshtpa
04-28-2007, 11:13 AM
Not necessarily. Sure maybe some, but not that will be noticable.

wannafbody
04-28-2007, 01:09 PM
it depends on what causes a products slickness. some products contain oils and that causes slickness. Some use high tech polymers that are quite slick. If the product has oils they are often removed by waterless washes or covered by spray waxes.