PDA

View Full Version : Rain rain go away come again another (never) day!

Broom
04-28-2007, 12:29 AM
Hello all,

First of all thank you! Some of you may know that I just got obssessed with detailing my Toyota - the problem is I live in Seattle!!! I`ve become one of those `nutballs` buffing and cleaning their cars even when its about to pour!!!!!

I`ve searched and search the forum for answers but now I am more confused! What actually helps protects from rain or acid rain? Is it the sealant? I was using the Klasse Glaze Sealant. or is it the glaze? or is it the combination of polish/sealant/glaze/wax?

I dont have a garage so for total protection from the rain should I put more layers of Sealant? or wax? I`m confused. I hear all these talk about beading but now I`m not actually sure now what that really means. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

My process (after all your input) by the way is wash, clay, PB SSR1, Klasse AIO, Klasse Glaze Sealant, PB Natys Blue. ...........................and a little please don`t rain dance!!!!!

Carl Johnson
04-28-2007, 01:13 AM
Your steps looks fine to me, I use #21 and top it with #16. And yes rain does suck doesn`t it, I live in Vancouver, so we pretty much get the same weather. There is like nothing looking at the beading action going on in the rain, although some people will think I am nuts lol.

mikebai1990
04-28-2007, 09:15 AM
As long as you have some sort of sealant or wax you will protect against acid rain and such. Just make sure you have sufficient protection, and you`ll be fine.