PDA

View Full Version : Rant: I hate Rain

imported_DieselMDX
04-27-2007, 09:55 AM
Well it happened again this is the third thats right third car I have detailed in a row that had to be delivered in the rain! I did the detail in my garage so the car was dry and clean when they showed up, but there is no sun to show off all my hard work. The customer was happy but I was not :waxing:

I know most people would not care but I know you guys know what I mean.

Pats300zx
04-27-2007, 10:14 AM
I hear ya. To put 6-7 hours of hard work and wash the dirty road spray fly all over your hard work is very frustrating. At least the customer got to see your work in the nice dry garage.

imported_Yal
04-27-2007, 12:32 PM
Homepage of The National Weather Service Forecast Office. (http://www.erh.noaa.gov/box/)

;)

imported_DieselMDX
04-27-2007, 03:28 PM
LOL I hear ya Yal but when they want the car I cant stop them cause I know it is going to rain

imported_rydawg
04-27-2007, 07:40 PM
It`s raining here to Diesel! The new polish I just got is finicky in the damp weather.

bsdsys
04-27-2007, 07:50 PM
I have been in the same situation. Makes you not even want to give them to car and have to watch it ride away clean and 5 seconds later "Splash Splash Splash" of mud all over. Very frustrating. I am fairly new to detailing but have been learning alot and what I do in those situations after they see the car all complete. Stress to them about a weekly maintenance package or something so you know for sure 2-3 months down the road the car can be kept looking like that for the most part if not all the time.

Scottwax
04-27-2007, 11:30 PM
Homepage of The National Weather Service Forecast Office. (http://www.erh.noaa.gov/box/)

;)

Oh yeah, like they are ever right. :hairpull

imported_Yal
04-28-2007, 07:51 AM
^Yeah I know :) I was just teasing DieselMDX lol

However these last few rainstorms around this area have been a no brainer for the weather guys.

jfsully
04-28-2007, 08:51 AM
Deal with our issue in SO FL.

:tumblewee

Watering retrictions... watering for 3 hours on only 2 days per week (4-7 AM I believe.) You can wash cars during that time IF the water drains into the ground not pavement!!!

In West Palm Beach its allowed only 1 day per week. Fines are $125 for first violation, $250 for second and court appearance thereafter.

We havent seen rain for a long time and many do not realize the seriousness of this situation. :nervous2:

LeadingEdgeDetail
04-28-2007, 09:20 AM
It rains more often than not around here (BC, Canada) so I`m used to it.... But damn, I`ve had ONE sunny day that I detailed... Basically everything else this year has been cancelled :wall

I can`t wait to move to Kelowna! Half as much rain as the lower mainland! :bounce :bounce

Scottwax
06-14-2007, 04:35 PM
21 days of rain in May, June started off wet, one dry week and now the rain is back through Monday. :hairpull

imported_DieselMDX
06-14-2007, 05:49 PM
wow that is terrible I just lost a armada with 24" wheels for 300 bux cause of rain!

imported_rydawg
06-14-2007, 05:59 PM
wow that is terrible I just lost a armada with 24" wheels for 300 bux cause of rain!

This week up here the weather is awfull. Good think I had a couple of Harleys to do for Laconia bike week.

Diesel how far are you from Cambridge?

imported_DieselMDX
06-14-2007, 08:38 PM
about an hour away or so i hear you on the weather it was cold today!

davekt
06-15-2007, 06:10 AM
We`ve had rain and storms for almost two weeks now.

Not much good for the wallet but since were in the worse drought for along time I suppose I should be thankfull for every drop.

Dave