PDA

View Full Version : NXT vs Reflections / FX

Pages : [1] 2

Bunky
04-27-2007, 07:32 AM
I am trying to decide on a OTC wax.

What are the differences between Meg`s NXT (or maybe gold class) and Reflections or FX. I see nothing mentioned in forums about FX. I see a few postings about Reflections that seem positive. Meg`s seem to be more widely used than Mothers so there is a lot more feedback on NXT (good and bad).

I have a new 2007 car (dark blue metallic) and I am interested in durability/protection more than shine.

Thanks.

imported_topnotch
04-27-2007, 08:12 AM
Both are not great durability wise but I would say that NXT gives a warmer glow that FX. Fx does not give great depth and find that it will brighten the paint but not really add depth

jimmie jam
04-27-2007, 08:26 AM
you could kill both birds with one product. IW 845. do a search because IW845 has great durability AND a great look for OTC.:idea

kkreit01
04-27-2007, 08:31 AM
For OTC, check out your local Carquest, and buy Duragloss.

Not too many can find Collinite locally.

Bunky
04-27-2007, 09:19 AM
you could kill both birds with one product. IW 845. do a search because IW845 has great durability AND a great look for OTC.:idea

Where can you purchase it locally? I have not seen it a Pep Boys, Walmart, AutoZone, Advance. I have not been to CarQuest (never do but we have one).

Al

Big Leegr
04-27-2007, 09:20 AM
NXT darkens and makes paint glossy, whereas FX will make it more reflective/shiny. I find FX to be easier to use. VERY easy to remove, spreads easily/uniformly, and I don`t get any oily film like I sometimes get with NXT.

I`m not sure (no first hand experience) wiht the Reflections, but it`s supposed to be more carnauba like in looks, if that helps.

Big Leegr
04-27-2007, 09:22 AM
Where can you purchase it locally? I have not seen it a Pep Boys, Walmart, AutoZone, Advance. I have not been to CarQuest (never do but we have one).

Al

I think AutoZone has it, but you need to look in the marine section, not the car care section. Probably the case with other stores that sell it.

velobard
04-27-2007, 09:31 AM
I`ve heard that some people find Collinte in marine supply stores. I haven`t seen it stocked there, but I did find one that could order it. For the price they wanted it was cheaper to buy online and pay shipping.

Bunky
04-27-2007, 06:21 PM
After searching this place, I see more positives for Mothers Reflections so I think I will try that first. NXT seems to be like (mostly shine) or dislike (less durability). I will look for the 845 and test that on another car. That is not a negative.

Al

BlackElantraGT
04-27-2007, 07:10 PM
this place sells collinite and shipping is free, and possibly no tax if you`re not in their state. No need to order X amount of dollar before shipping becomes resonable. That is rare, especially for the car care products we order. I wouldn`t waste any money on NXT, especially when you can get the IW 845 or 476s for even cheaper than how much you would pay for NXT at most retail shops. If durability/protection is what you`re after, stay away from NXT.

Collinite waxes from MacTec | car waxes, boat wax, and detailing supplies (http://www.mactecllc.com/collinite.asp)

xhaust50
04-27-2007, 07:26 PM
this place sells collinite and shipping is free, and possibly no tax if you`re not in their state. No need to order X amount of dollar before shipping becomes resonable. That is rare, especially for the car care products we order. I wouldn`t waste any money on NXT, especially when you can get the IW 845 or 476s for even cheaper than how much you would pay for NXT at most retail shops. If durability/protection is what you`re after, stay away from NXT.

Collinite waxes from MacTec | car waxes, boat wax, and detailing supplies (http://www.mactecllc.com/collinite.asp)

Beat me to the link. I have also seen it at Boater`s World, but it`s cheaper at the Mactec site with free shipping.

66#1
04-27-2007, 11:12 PM
Advance Auto Parts sells Collinte 845. You can find it in the Marine section.

richy
04-27-2007, 11:18 PM
Beat me to the link. I have also seen it at Boater`s World, but it`s cheaper at the Mactec site with free shipping.

I bought mine from Mactec..good guy to deal with!

ron231
04-27-2007, 11:50 PM
Just make sure you arent going to wax without claying and at least using an AIO first, otherwise youll just be sealing in all the contaminants that the clay and/or AIO would remove.

If you dont wanna do a lot of work use pinnacle`s paintwork cleansing lotion and then top it with collinite 845, very durable and pretty good looks.

845 IMO is more durable than a lot of sealants.

xhaust50
04-28-2007, 09:52 AM
845 IMO is more durable than a lot of sealants.

Definitely.