PDA

View Full Version : How Much Time Saved? PC vs. Hand

snowskate
04-27-2007, 03:01 AM
I`m thinking about buying a PC soon. For your typical coat of wax how much time is saved by using the PC versus doing a coat by hand?

bsdsys
04-27-2007, 03:08 AM
I personally haven`t or wouldn`t apply a wax or sealant with the PC. I also do the sealant or wax by hand with a terry app or a microfiber applicator. I guess you could apply a sealant or liquid wax with the PC and a finishing pad if you put it on 1-2. It could speed things up slightly but I will stick with doing it by hand. Doesn`t take that long anyways plus that`s the time when you get to put down the PC or rotary and take a break! lol. Just my $0.02

RallyMSP
04-27-2007, 03:52 AM
It seems to save me A LOT of time. I`m guessing I can do a sub compact car in about 10-15minutes.

Plus another big advantage is my arms are not as tired after waxing the car.

deathlok
04-27-2007, 03:53 AM
the real time save would be in polishing

chutney
04-27-2007, 04:05 AM
I wax the car by hand. IMHO the time you would save by using the PC, you loose by cleaning the pad.

BigJimZ28
04-27-2007, 05:16 AM
the real time save would be in polishing

If you could even remove defects by hand the PC would still be

at least 15x faster @ doing it!

docker
04-27-2007, 06:38 AM
Recently I switched to a PC for applying sealants and waxes and wish I had done so a long time ago. I use a LC CCS Blue pad and do my entire car in less than 10 minutes, and get a uniformly thin application.

I prime the pad with 1 spray of XMT Pad Conditioner or Z6, then afterwords I clean the pad by spraying a number of times with XMT Pad Cleaner then rinsing with water. Depending on which sealant or wax I`m using I`ll hold off cleaning the pad until after the 2nd application.

Kriminal
04-27-2007, 06:42 AM
I apply the wax by applicator, but still use the PC for buffing - it comes up sooo much better and easier than by hand IMO.

Definitely couldn`t be without it now - how I managed for all those years with buffing wax by hand I don`t know

Dave Pickett
04-27-2007, 07:01 AM
I use the PC for applying sealants and liquid waxs. much faster and more thorough, seems to last longer as well, I guess because it works the product more fully into the paint. I put paste waxes on by hand, and buff off manually, I dont get on with the PC for removing product, and if it doesnt come off easily I dont use it!!!